Tpms And Mulitple Rim Sets?

sylvain65

5+ Year Member
Hi Guys,

Newbie here to this group.

I live in a snowy state and need multiple sets of rims & tires.

Can a 2008 LX TPMS learn more than one set of rims? I don't want to run back to the dealer $$$ to have the rims reprogrammed Fall and Spring.

I have a set of BLIZZAKS on the original steelies with TPMS and just bought a second set of steelies.I wanted to buy another set of TPMS valves stems to put on them. It would be great If all 8 rims could be learned by the car.

HELP!!

:?:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thatsa good question. i dont know they answer, but my guess is you are screwed. and might have to go with one set always having the tpms light on

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bet you could get the thing to reset them. It'd be more expensive than a trip to the dealer, but may be cheaper than 5 trips to the dealer plus you could hook up other CC.com peeps.
B

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NO they wont your best bet would be to buy new programmers (which are 50 bucks each) and just have them programmed with the car also.

but you have to make sure they will fit on the wheels, your getting.

that way you should be able to switch them back and forth with out any issue,

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not sure about Honda's system... but most Toyota/Lexus models with TPWS allow for two sets of wheel/tire sensors to be programmed.... for the models that don't, an option is to make sure your spare tire is never used and have the sensors put inside the spare tire...... but that means you can never use your spare, because as soon as they go bouncing around down the road you've destroyed them all. So beware that option. Call your dealership service dept and ask... any service advisor should be able to tell you right off the top of their head......... it should also be in your owners manual.

sylvain65

5+ Year Member
I'm not sure about Honda's system... but most Toyota/Lexus models with TPWS allow for two sets of wheel/tire sensors to be programmed.... for the models that don't, an option is to make sure your spare tire is never used and have the sensors put inside the spare tire...... but that means you can never use your spare, because as soon as they go bouncing around down the road you've destroyed them all. So beware that option. Call your dealership service dept and ask... any service advisor should be able to tell you right off the top of their head......... it should also be in your owners manual.
Dealer told me that the car won't learn 2 sets of rims & tires. It must be reprogrammed by the dealer. The tool cost $1000 so buying one doesn't make sense. I'm going to try to disable it when I mount my non-sensor wheels, since I will not go through the expense of buying sensors. I will try pulling the fuse.

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dealer told me that the car won't learn 2 sets of rims & tires. It must be reprogrammed by the dealer. The tool cost $1000 so buying one doesn't make sense. I'm going to try to disable it when I mount my non-sensor wheels, since I will not go through the expense of buying sensors. I will try pulling the fuse.

wow well that sucks, but there no point into doing any of that lol cause once you mount your non sensor wheels, theres no beeping or anything, its just a lil yellow TMPS light that comes on in the dash, ive been riding with mine on for almost a year now,

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It is not possible for the TPMS unit to register 2 sets of rims. I don't think there is a reset tool out there available to consumers to program TPMS units. Programming (which is initalizing) and Resetting are 2 different things. Sometimes when a sensor fails, the TPMS module stores a DTC, which can be erased with a tool available to consumers. But in the event that you are using 4 completely different sensors, you would need to initialize each sensor to the TPMS control module. The tool we use at honda is the GNA-600 which links to a laptop, or the HDS tablet. In conjunction with that tool is the TMPS scan tool which activates and reads each of the sensors.

Bottom line is that if you have the wheels with 4 different TMPS sensors mounted, the Tire Pressure Light wont come on, whereas the "TPMS" indicator will be lit.