track day 1/4 sucked...

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey,

so any track advice or help would be nice, cause i had the worst track day ever, im runnin a 2002 ex coupe, emptied everything out, spare everything, and i have APEX'i n1 catback, tsudo header top piece, and a AEM v2, i ran a 16.1, personally i think its my tires, im runnin double steel belted 195/65/15 which are huge and heavy, before i got those tires i chirped 3rd easy, now its near impossible, also my v2 has a crack in it, which i have a new pipe, but i havent put it in yet, any one who could help me figure out whats up i would REALLY appreciated it, im launchin at 2-2.5k and launches arent thaaat bad, but still 16 after all that is bad... im hopin its the tires...

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please next time post it in the race/track section.... Or in the 7th Gen section.... ;)

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not ur tires. its ur car, sorry. ive never heard of anyone chirping 3rd gear in fairly stock civic, prolly a bird flying next to you

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exmashin said:
hey,

so any track advice or help would be nice, cause i had the worst track day ever, im runnin a 2002 ex coupe, emptied everything out, spare everything, and i have APEX'i n1 catback, tsudo header top piece, and a AEM v2, i ran a 16.1, personally i think its my tires, im runnin double steel belted 195/65/15 which are huge and heavy, before i got those tires i chirped 3rd easy, now its near impossible, also my v2 has a crack in it, which i have a new pipe, but i havent put it in yet, any one who could help me figure out whats up i would REALLY appreciated it, im launchin at 2-2.5k and launches arent thaaat bad, but still 16 after all that is bad... im hopin its the tires...
what are you expecting to run? 'cause a 16.1 sounds about right...

My buddy ran his '04 EX BONE STOCK and managed a 16.5.

what's your 60'?

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
w/ i/h/e?? u sure?.... iuno ive seen other 7thgens with my same parts runnin mid 15's iuno sumthin wrong...but the intake is cracked also... well thanks for your help everyone...i was talkin to people at the track they said the tires being double steel belted and bigger, wider, dont help me at all, i did runa 16.2 w/ just and intake so i would think h/e might bring me down more than a .1 second...

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, welcome to the world of Honda

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well its cool, im not trippen to hard off of it, im buyin a k20a in june... so it will cut that 1/4 time to a 14 at least 13's with some work, maybe high 13's stock...thnx! i just figured a guy with aem cai, header, catback would run better than 16 in a 2400lb car w/ about 120whp or more... :roll: stupid D series what do the d series dyno at stock and what do you guys since ur a lil bit more honda knowing than me think a aem v2, APEX'i n1 cat back and a Tsudo header runs whp wise??

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20a2 should put you in the 14's depending on ur skills. an 03 type s runs about a flat 15 and its got a good 400 lbs on you, so good luck with the swap

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
post ur entire timeslip.. what was ur R/T and your 60'?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
haha, welcome to the world of Honda
:werd: get used to a slow car or be prepared to drop $8k into a new motor.... your car still wont be fast, but it'll be "faster"

Ace$nyper

pop-n-fresh said:
:werd: get used to a slow car or be prepared to drop $8k into a new motor.... your car still wont be fast, but it'll be "faster"
*comes back to life just to kill self again*

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what's worse is the fact that by the time he's gotten that thing into the 13's he would nearly have dropped enough cash to buy an evo or sti :lol:

Ace$nyper

pop-n-fresh said:
what's worse is the fact that by the time he's gotten that thing into the 13's he would nearly have dropped enough cash to buy an evo or sti :lol:
I know dear god i know :cry:

lmfao

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually i think a 16.1 would be pretty good seeing as all you have is i/h/e, the stock 6th gen ex's run 16.8 and i guess a 7th gen would be a little slower because of the weight, so 16.1 doesnt sound bad to me

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mid 15's in a 2600lbs EM2 with only i/h/e?! now way...not unless it's gutted and on slicks

Last edited:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
RaYrAy said:
Mid 15's in a 2600lbs EM2 with only i/h/e?! now way...not unless it's gutted and on slicks
and being towed by a corvette

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[people at the track they said the tires being double steel belted and bigger, wider,

wat does wider have to do with it?? i thought that was a good thing?? so ud have more traction but sense u have a stock car u wont break it..lol...but anyways yea ur car is just slow like the rest of us guys with stock cars