Traction Bars...Worth it?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Are they worth the $275 that they cost or are they just a waste of money. I would just like to know if anyone has any input on whether I should buy them or not. I have every thing else, just figured they would help out. Any comments are appreciated. Like if anyone has any stories like before and after quarter mile times.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
free bump to you cuz i wanna know too

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
91 and previous, yes
92 and newer have a different suspension design, and most of the time motor mount inserts are good enough. unless you are pushing big hp and running slicks, i wouldnt think that its all that necessary

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didn't you make the same thread yesterday?

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
91 and previous, yes
92 and newer have a different suspension design, and most of the time motor mount inserts are good enough. unless you are pushing big hp and running slicks, i wouldnt think that its all that necessary
i disagree, iv heard rave things from people. i plan on getting 1 but not those ebay ones, get full race or something similar, those ebay ones cant be ajusted and are heavy as s**t

http://www.spiderautomotive.com/acintrbala.html

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ltrain said:
i disagree, iv heard rave things from people. i plan on getting 1 but not those ebay ones, get full race or something similar, those ebay ones cant be ajusted and are heavy as s**t

http://www.spiderautomotive.com/acintrbala.html
to each his own, but if you havent tried inserts yet to solve your wheelhop issues and are just going to buy a traction bar, you are putting the cart in front of the horse...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes!..very worth it.!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have a friend making 525whp on his civic and like 378wtq. he uses traction bars and there is no wheel hop whatsoever. he swears by them.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I knew about the 4th and 5th gen suspension differences and how much wheel hop 4th gens have. Just wanting to know. I think I'm about to build up a coupe 240sx and swap in a sr20det b/c I can get 2 of the cars both with titles and blown motors for $300. 1 hatch, 1 coupe, both 5 speed. The coupe a 92 I think, different bumpers and the ka24de instead of the ka24e. Just another car to drive around instead of my ranger. New DD of choice. Nissan, weekender=Super expensive civic.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My traction bar didn't do crap!!!

There Z10's by the way.

I bought an ingall damper to try and solve my wheel hop problem.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
I knew about the 4th and 5th gen suspension differences and how much wheel hop 4th gens have. Just wanting to know. I think I'm about to build up a coupe 240sx and swap in a sr20det b/c I can get 2 of the cars both with titles and blown motors for $300. 1 hatch, 1 coupe, both 5 speed. The coupe a 92 I think, different bumpers and the ka24de instead of the ka24e. Just another car to drive around instead of my ranger. New DD of choice. Nissan, weekender=Super expensive civic.
:shock: you lucky bastard. i had a b13 before my em1 and i had dreams to swap in a sr20det. people talk about how expensive it is to swap a k into civics... THAT AINT s**t!

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
:shock: you lucky bastard. i had a b13 before my em1 and i had dreams to swap in a sr20det. people talk about how expensive it is to swap a k into civics... THAT AINT s**t!
my B13 is jsut sitting around collecting dust....

maybe i should have a Nissan project =)

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nissan = way cheaper and faster in the long run b/c of the whole rwd thing. Type R swap about $4500. Sr20det swap about 1500-2000 and the motor is easier to pull power out of b/c of it being turbo and responding to mods better. More power as well right off the bat. But My civic will still probably beat it at first. I'm lookin' for an easy high 12 sec. quarter with some bolt ons and slicks.