Trailing arm Bushing alignment

TogueEk

hey C-C! So I ran across a problem today, I just recently replaced both my rear trailing arm bushings, so I went to my local tire performance shop to get an alignment, & they told me all 3 of my wheels were fine but my passenger rear toe needs to go in more, but something won't allow it too, I was thinking maybe the trailing arm bushing on that side may need to be pushed in more, or back out more... was wondering if I can some insight from you guys!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you not ask the shop tech? If he couldnt provide any further info then you should take it to a reputable place with real technicians that can tell you what is needed. Otherwise, theres absolutely no way any of us can know for certain without seeing the area.

Also, what do you drive rhat only has 3 wheels?

TogueEk

I did ask, he said he tried everything to try to zero out the toe, & managed to get as low as -1.0 I believe, he did say he didn't know what was stopping it from being adjusted further... but I replaced the trailing arm bushings the day before... so I thought it'd be the bushing. & I meant 3 of the tires aligned on point except that one wheel passenger rear. I pretty much would like to know if a trailing arm bushing isn't pushed in enough if that would cause this effect?

MotorMo

Respected
As long as they are pressed in the same amount on both sides ( even if they are the wrong depth) then one shouldn't have any more of an issue coming into spec than the other one. If they are the same, maby something is bent.
There are alignment arrows on the bushings that face down (not up) that help you install them perpendicular, and the outside half is longer than the inside half of the bushing-- so you can install them back wards. This may give you the symptom you have. I believe the spec in 10 millimeters from the outer edge of the bushing shell to the inside edge of the trailing arm.
If you have the old bushings you'll see that one half is longer.
Let us know what you find.

TogueEk

Thanks Mo! I'll check them out! I do believe I may have them pushed a lil off from each other, I purchased dorman bushings(had OEM ones but lost them) & I thought you pushed them till that white line just starts to disappear What I was told, may be wrong.... but I'll measure them out! Thanks for help! Much appreciated