Tranny issue

Daylan

Hello all, this is my first post. I have a 1998 Civic with an auto tranny and I can drive down the road and all the sudden it is like the transmission disappeared. it will rev but it is as if I am in neutral. I can take the 7.5 amp fuse out for 10 seconds and get it in limp mode and drove it home. I have tested the shift solenoid and the lock up solenoid and they are good, the last thing I did was replace the ECU. any other ideas?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What is the 7.5a fuse for? When you take out the fuse the issue does not replicate?

When you said you tested the solenoids, did you just do a electrical test for voltage and resistance or did you take it out and visually bench test it?

Daylan

What is the 7.5a fuse for? When you take out the fuse the issue does not replicate?

When you said you tested the solenoids, did you just do a electrical test for voltage and resistance or did you take it out and visually bench test it?
I took them off to check the screens and they were clean then tested with a jumper from the battery. the 7.5 amp fuse is a back up or something... book says take it out 10 seconds and it resets the computer, puts it in limp mode.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I took them off to check the screens and they were clean then tested with a jumper from the battery. the 7.5 amp fuse is a back up or something... book says take it out 10 seconds and it resets the computer.
Oh that, sorry I was thinking the fuse was for something else.