tranny or no?

hondacivic1992

Hey guys so I drive a auto 1999 honda civic with about 152,500 miles and I was wondering if its worth it to do a manual tranny? And also how much would it cost. Or is it better to just wait and invest on a car thats already manual? The only problem is that I plan on modding my car a bit. So im debating whether or not to do it.

086head

Registered VIP
To be honest I think you should convert it from an auto to a mnual for the experience. Not only will you gain experience you will have the general idea of what you need, where you need it, and how to install it. You may not enjoy and but you will take personal pride in it. Its not a 1 or 2 day project if you've never done it either. Do the conversion, do it right you will not regret it down the road

Alex_fl05

Man,, my dad converted, I forgot from what to what, but he regretted he ever did. 1 thing for sure is its going to be a HUGE pain in the ass compared to selling and buying a manual. You might need to weld, cut metal.
Learn to let go. Cars are like girls, there's 1 million of em in the ocean. You won't be left without one, that's for sure!
Just my 2 cents =)

techavluis

Registered VIP
To be honest I think you should convert it from an auto to a mnual for the experience. Not only will you gain experience you will have the general idea of what you need, where you need it, and how to install it. You may not enjoy and but you will take personal pride in it. Its not a 1 or 2 day project if you've never done it either. Do the conversion, do it right you will not regret it down the road
this guy said it right! i did it on my car by myself and would 100% not do it again. but would push everyone to try it ones. a lot to learn for sure!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even if u switch it to manual you'd still have a d series under the hood. unless you plan on going the turbo route with a d you could just get a manual car and swap a motor on that instead.

hondacivic1992

After thinking about it and reading your guys post, I think I am just gonna wait to sell this car and buy a manual. Might be awhile until then but I think its worth it to wait a bit for it.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put in on the c-list as a trade. Somethin to think about.