tranny question

M3BluCivic

5+ Year Member
i was helpin my friend work on his swap today. he was trying to see if the bolt he had for the speedo sensor on the tranny would fit, but he dropped it in the hole where the speedo sensor goes.

so then i try shaking the bolt to the bottom of the transmssion, take of all the bolts that bolt together the gears frm the bellhouseing, open up the tranny about an inch, and then pull the bolt out. I put it back together after.

the question i have is: do i have to worry about the gears or anything not being lined up properly? i didnt force anything wen i put it back together. i hate for anything bad to happen to his tranny.

ThrottlebotEM1

5+ Year Member
thats a tuffy ive never had the privalige nor the pleasure to tear apart a honda trans if you didnt force anything then i dont see why it would mess anything up but im not sure....

M3BluCivic

5+ Year Member
you seperated the casing?
yea just separated it about maybe an inch, and then pulled out the bolt on bottom. then i carefully enclosed the caseing and torqued the bolts back in.

sweesiong78

5+ Year Member
yea just separated it about maybe an inch, and then pulled out the bolt on bottom. then i carefully enclosed the caseing and torqued the bolts back in.
if you didnt put hondabond/gasket sealant around the casing before torquing back the bolts you 're gonna leak tranny fluid around mating surfaces.