Tranny Question......

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 98 Civic HX with manual Transmission and a buddy of mine has a 99 Civic EX Manual Transmission P4A And was wondering will this application work? I cant find any info about what tranny will fit with what car. I need a tranny mine bad....Help

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They should since you'r both running Dseries engines. In fact the EX should work better for you, I'd snag it if you can.

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does it matter what Year a d series tranny comes from is there exceptions?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any d-series tranny will work with any d-series

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would a 95 Civic Dx Manual Tranny Work also? And would my starter work on this one or would I have to get another one?

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a dx trans will work but has longer gearing,your starter will work, get the ex trans

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as long as its a 92-00 D-series tranny it will work.
but bro, getting that EX tranny will just get you worse gas mileage... you might run a lil quicker time, but its not worth the loss in MPG. do a swap if you want performance.

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is a couple of mpg going to matter? also i say stay with the single cam,swaps are getting old

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92EH9 said:
what is a couple of mpg going to matter? also i say stay with the single cam,swaps are getting old
i was just stating the mileage loss... but remember he has an HX... a full on economy car. it wont be fast, unless he swaps (ie D16 B16/18 ect) and i reccomend D-series all the way... in case my name didnt show that already ;)

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he could just do a y8 mini me, that would make his a d16y8, then he could boost that sucker. but you cannot put an ex P28 ecu in there, because it wont work with the hx. not unless he does the mini me. he has to get the PR4 ecu

Wiz

5+ Year Member
any d series will fit your application, all flywheels for d series are the same, and b series flywheels are the same as all b series..

ex has closer gears = better accelerationa nd a better final drive

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CiVIcCFAsST said:
he could just do a y8 mini me, that would make his a d16y8, then he could boost that sucker. but you cannot put an ex P28 ecu in there, because it wont work with the hx. not unless he does the mini me. he has to get the PR4 ecu
isnt it more work to mini me an HX because of the different O2 sensor? im sure he could use the P28, if he converted to OBD1.

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hx and ex use the same o2 sensor, ive owned both and have interchanged them with no problem.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
and d-series hydro tranny will bolt up to and d-series block.
correct. all hydrolic d-series trannies will fit.