Transmission Fluid for Si

Tucker33

5+ Year Member
I am getting an 08 Si Sedan tomorrow and I was wondering if I should replace the tranny fluid with something better than stock? I know it can make a big difference and I was wondering If anyone has done this and what they used. Also... should I just wait until the 500 mile break-in period is over?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait until the break in period is over.

Honda MTF works just fine. No need to risk losing the warranty.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
word of advice, just leak teh honda MTF in there, it's more the good enough for our trans, honda reformulated it within year to make it better the what it used to be, hence why the third gear grind s**t went away, which was due in part of shitty MTF in 2006.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just use OEM and you should be good

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
word of advice, just leak teh honda MTF in there, it's more the good enough for our trans, honda reformulated it within year to make it better the what it used to be, hence why the third gear grind s**t went away, which was due in part of shitty MTF in 2006.
well i have an 07 si and i still got that problem, so where can i buy this reformulated one.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well i have an 07 si and i still got that problem, so where can i buy this reformulated one.
any honda dealer, however if you take your car to a honda dealer and complain about this, then you can get the fluid changed for free.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
or get your 3rd gear replaced
not always required though, the first thing that they will do is change the fluid first, if the problem persist then they will further diag the problem to see if replacing the gear is neccesary.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not always required though, the first thing that they will do is change the fluid first, if the problem persist then they will further diag the problem to see if replacing the gear is neccesary.
screw that they told me the same thing and i just went straight up and told them i did my research and i know whats gonna happen and they ordered the parts for me and thats it, and if they tell me they fixed it im gonna ask to see the old one fo some pics and they are getting me a rental even, so i should be all good, what can i say i know how to do buisness

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Bad news your wrong, AHM has there things they call procedures, first the most do one thing, and if that doesn't work then they move to the next step, and work from there, sorta like being called diag, no dealer you go to will just skip the first step and say ok, lets change out your gears, cause honda will kick the warranty claim back at them, then they are stuck with paying the bill, not AHM like it should be if the proper steps are followed, true i don't expect you to understand this however, being as you know how to handle business, lol, not.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bad news your wrong, AHM has there things they call procedures, first the most do one thing, and if that doesn't work then they move to the next step, and work from there, sorta like being called diag, no dealer you go to will just skip the first step and say ok, lets change out your gears, cause honda will kick the warranty claim back at them, then they are stuck with paying the bill, not AHM like it should be if the proper steps are followed, true i don't expect you to understand this however, being as you know how to handle business, lol, not.
really that i didnt know but they did order the parts for me and they said that it WILL be changed on monday, so i guess they skipped the other steps, lol, but in all seriousness if there is a bulliten like that one wouldnt they just change the gear right away, i mean it says it on the buliten??

Tucker33

5+ Year Member
I just test drove my 08 sedan yesterday and the tranny was amazing i'll stick with OEM fluid. haha Can't wait til i pick it up monday!

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member