Transmission fluid

killowatt59

I drive a 2002 civic coupe lx. It's got 115,000 miles on it and I have owned the car for a year and a half. I do my own oil changes with Mobil one. I called about getting the transmission fluid changed and the dealer wanted $65. I asked him if that included draining the torque converter or if that was just a drain and fill. He it was a drain and fill and that was all that was recommended by Honda. He did say if I wanted to flush it, just do the procedure three times.

I just couldn't figure out why the dealer would charge so much. I mean it is a simple job if all they do is a drain and fill. They would sale me the quarts of fluid for $6.88 a piece. Just curious, cause if that's all i need to do, I am going to do it myself.

sn-1-per

5+ Year Member
Drain and fill is all you want on a honda the vains in the trans are not for a machine to be hooked up . just drain and fill it use HONDAS ATFZ1. if manual its just use HONDA MTF.

killowatt59

Hey thanks guys. I got it done. Man it was easy! I can't believe the dealer wanted $65. it took 15 minutes! But i did "flush" it out by doing a drain and fill three times just for piece of mind. I also drained the radidator and changed the spark plugs. I saved a lot of money. I can't believe they charge so much to do simple stuff like this.