Transmission issue, Help please

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I recently just got my car back on the road after replacing the clutch kit. I went with an exedy clutch kit with a fidanza lightened flywheel.
One my back pressure isnt the same it was with last clutch and pedal just doesnt spring back the way it did with my old clutch. It still depresses just nothing like it did. So then today i was pulling out and was giving it a bit more gas in 2nd gear and went to shift into 3rd and it went in but felt like something partially prevented it from going into gear and somewhat grinded. I was surprised with that cause transmission doesnt have much mileage with it and before replacing clutch i had no issues with grinding. Anyway i tried this several times and just about every time shifting into 3rd over 3500 rpms it felt rough going in or grinded but only 3rd. Altho while sitting still or with car off every gear is kinda hard to find and sometimes wont even go in.
What could this be and is it an easy fix? thanks

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you bleed the clutch line? Also, how old are the master and slave cylinders? A new pressure plate with its increased resistance can show signs of a deteriorating master/slave combo that was not apparent with a softer pressure plate.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you bleed the clutch line? Also, how old are the master and slave cylinders? A new pressure plate with its increased resistance can show signs of a deteriorating master/slave combo that was not apparent with a softer pressure plate.
Hmm, i didnt know that. But to answer your question the slave cylinder is brand new actually, my other one seemed wore out. And yeah i bled the line. For almost an hour actually. I have no idea how old the master cylinder tho. Its been in as long as ive had the car switched over to manual bout 7 months back. It was used tho.
Ive also figure some things out since driving it for about a week. My car will not downshift into 2nd and is hard going into 3rd from 4th. But it shifts normal and no grinds when first warming up. After its warmed up tho i grind 3rd almost every time but can downshift into any gear just fine. Ive checked my oil and its fine. Maybe changing to synthetic would help?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what kind of trans fluid are you using?

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kind of trans fluid are you using?
I just have the regular honda s**t in there. I was thinking about trying out that redline mt-90 transmission synthetic oil and seeing how that does, seems like everyone who uses it loves it. Any feedback on synthetic oils good to use in a honda transmission?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you checked your engine mounts? If they are broken or torn at all they will cause difficulties in shifting. If they're all 100%, then you're most likely looking at internal issues with the shifter forks.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you checked your engine mounts? If they are broken or torn at all they will cause difficulties in shifting. If they're all 100%, then you're most likely looking at internal issues with the shifter forks.
yes, matter fact one was recently replaced. There fine, altho i did find out after messing around with the car that the stabilizer bar off the backend of the transmission has alot of play in it along with the shifter linkage itself, i didnt think much of it but i wonder could this be causing some issues and if yeah, what are some solutions, thanks