transmission problems: 99 Civic ex

Thomas Vann

Hey in need of some answers my transmission in my 2000 honda civic is making a wine noise when car is first crunch up until it warms up this problem just started but before all that my car would go into false neutral I had the transmission the first time it went out and it ran fine for about 3 month and it went out again car would Rev high and not idle but would not move had the transmission flushed again and this time it did not work after hooking it to the code reader i got p0753 and p0758 found out it was shift

Otto85

Google search is your friend i.e p0753 is a faulty shift solenoid a, p0758 is a faulty shift solenoid b. Both are basically the same in the google search i found the description of the code and general cause of them i will post screenshots. I suggest fixing that before you cause more problems if you havent already.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thomas Vann

It's the original engine/transmission that came with car okay no codes coming up but still doing false neutral when driving starts out strong and goes out again

Thomas Vann

Okay i let car sit till warm drove it down the road would not shift to 3rd gear then check engine light came on reset computer made it home now am getting read code p0730 improper gear ratio idk what is going on and still a wine noise

Otto85

Ya if no codes are coming up do the drain-fill as boofoo recommended, if while driving the codes come back remove the shift solenoid from the transmission casing and see if its been gunked up from the transmission flush

Thomas Vann

3 or more so that's a total of how many drain and refills cause it's 2.75 quarts to fill it back up so am I doing 3 drain and refills which is 9 quarts and I just had a flush done which took 8 quarts and transmission oil is not dark or brown it's still bright red so break it down for me why not do a flush if it's gonna cost me the same as the drain and refill

Otto85

When a tranny flush is done it pushes fluid in the wrong direction through the system which can cause sludge metal shavings and any other small particles in your system to get stuck behind the screen on you shift solenoid and possibly clog up ports which WILL cause problems exactly like what your having. now you need to do the drain and fill to help your transmission push the gunk back through but as i said before remove your shift solenoid and make sure its not clogged if it is it will cause your transmission to shift into the wrong gear and eventually wipe it out