transmission swap

mok890

5+ Year Member
Okay i have a d16y8 auto but i really want a 5 speed what would i need to swap tranni's?
Anyone have any websites with info or product?
Good idea bad idea??
And please if your just gunna post a smart ass comment go to a different post.:cool:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
search and you would have found out what you need. Not worth the time, money, and effort IMO

VTecin804

......Rev limiter??
5+ Year Member
Im not completely sure exactly what you will need for an auto to manual conversion, but you will need a few more parts besides just the tranny. Besides the manual tranny, I think you need a manual Intake Manifold, shift linkage, I think a different distributor, and I few more things here and there. Basically, its a lot of hard work and money for a minor performance increase. You will probably come out better just swapping the whole engine out for a manual one. Personally, I would just keep the auto and save up for a nice swap (B18 ftw!!). You will be much happier in the long run.

mok890

5+ Year Member
Hmm....so just do a complete swap
Where would you suggest a good place to purchase a whole swap?
Anywere in Washington,idaho or montana?
Shipping is gunna be pricey for online shopping.

crea78

5+ Year Member
I didn't realize you could add a "B" series motor to a Civic that is automatic. Good to know...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they have automatic transmissions for b series. hmotorsonline has good swaps and torontojdm

VTecin804

......Rev limiter??
5+ Year Member
You might be able to find some good motors locally. You can check junkyards in your area, they sometimes have complete swaps they pulled from cars that you can buy. Might want to try Craigslist too. The only thing about buying swaps this way is that they are not guaranteed to be in good running condition. Hmotorsonline comes wtih a 100% start up warranty so they are probably a little more reliable. Just do a little shopping around and you will find what you want:thumbs up

96civicrunner

5+ Year Member
i would have to agree to just buy a manual car... save yourself the trouble. I've done them its not fun at all... and i seriously dont think they are worth that time.

mok890

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys
I think im just gunna get my honda to great condition for some teen and sell it and get a si 5-speed.

The Drew

5+ Year Member
I am doing a complete swap on my 99 EX Auto... here is what i have so far....

B18C Complete swap to include: tranny, ecu, axles, dizzy ect...
Also had to get:
Si Rear mount
Front Post Bracket
DelSol AC bracket

For the AT to MT Conversion:
Manual Pedal set
Clutch Master Cylinder w/slave
Reservior Tank
Hard/Soft Clutch lines that run from the tank to the master cylinder
Shift Boot
Shift Knob

Im sure i will need some other brackets to have the tranny mount up perfect but those can be found at any junk yard or easily fabricated... HAVE FUN!