traveling abroad and living in europe

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright guys lets keep this mildly serious if we can. I have been thinking lately about moving to England for a year or six months just to get out of the states and experience new things, getting tired of the monotony of everyday life. Just waiting until I finish my Associates degree.
So here is what i have been wondering. has anyone here traveled abroad for any extended period of time, and do you have an useful tips for hints to finding jobs or places to live over there? Any information is useful at this point of time!
Also if any UK or Euro members want to interject that would be quite helpful as well.
Thanks guys

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont know much about living overseas, but it seems like a big jump. Maybe try moving somewhere else in the country first to see if that changes things up for you. I mean you do live in Oregon. Come over to Jersey and live in Camden for a little bit, you wont think its everyday life :lol:

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oregon is nice but hell, its boring at times..... east coast would be a pretty sweet gig. i had a few friends that went to NYC for a year just to get out.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
All my family lives in Seattle and I dont have much exposure to Oregon other than Portland but I love it out there. Being near the ocean means theres always stuff going on, I live in MN which can def get boring. Sorry this doesnt answer ur question tho, where in Oregon to you live?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I spent 2 months backpacking through europe.

Hostels are cheap places to stay and might even be a possibility for a job. You can usually get fairly decent rates for extended stays as well. They would make for a good place to stay while you look for a job or another, more permanent, place to stay.

You could always just spend a couple months backpacking to get a feeling of a bunch of different places. If you find something you like you could always go back and look for a job and place to stay there.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My best friend studied abroad in Barcelona for the spring 07 semester and said it was great. He said it was an overall great experience and is actually going back for a month in June to visit.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I spent 2 months backpacking through europe.

Hostels are cheap places to stay and might even be a possibility for a job. You can usually get fairly decent rates for extended stays as well. They would make for a good place to stay while you look for a job or another, more permanent, place to stay.

You could always just spend a couple months backpacking to get a feeling of a bunch of different places. If you find something you like you could always go back and look for a job and place to stay there.
you went back packing thru europe and stayed in a hostel after this s**t?

no sir, f**k that heh

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you went back packing thru europe and stayed in a hostel after this s**t?

no sir, f**k that heh
Watched that movie the weekend before i left :laugh:

Hostel 2 came out while i was there too. Billboards for it everywhere. Wasn't about to go see it while i was actually staying in hostels though :scurred:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha screwwwwwwwwww that man, that movie freaked me out, 2 sucked , the first one got me good

BPM

5+ Year Member
The UK sucks right now, still it might make you appreciate the US more :lol: Seriously tho, travel while you can, wish I'd have done it before now

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ most likely has a job where he cant up and leave as easily. but i have been looking into hostels in london. appears as though most of them are for 2 weeks at a time though. also wondering how americanized it is over there. seeing as i know some french and spanish but not fluent in either language. and have llittle to no knowledge of anything else.

BPM

5+ Year Member
No, lack of cash and balls at the time!

Would love to live in Cali, but I'm sure the Cali members on here would soon tell me that sucks too ;)

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
money is my concern too. damn stock market destroyed all my investments.... if it goes back up though at least i would have enough to get a flight home when needed lol

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my whole family is from england...my sis and i were the first to be born in the states and i go there at least twice a year...its fun but ur $ is gonna suck....i think its around $1.50 to a Pound...but it is sick...the onyl thing is driving on the left...id say go for it...im going to New Zealand next year second semester of college...

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Traveling is the bees knees. If you ever want to train jiujitsu in london the best bjj guy in the world, roger gracie, has his main school in london. The worst thing about traveling is the cost to get over seas. Once you are over there things are really easy. Especially if you go to a english speaking country like england. Remember you will need a passport to get over there and a work visa if you plan to work.

BPM

5+ Year Member
money is my concern too. damn stock market destroyed all my investments.... if it goes back up though at least i would have enough to get a flight home when needed lol
Yeah, that's the way to do it, just set off with some cash and make it up as you go along, just watch those hostels man...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Would love to live in Cali, but I'm sure the Cali members on here would soon tell me that sucks too ;)
It doesn't suck. As long as you understand that s**t's more expensive in Cali :lol:

You can get houses for 50-60K here right now. :shock:

BPM

5+ Year Member
It doesn't suck. As long as you understand that s**t's more expensive in Cali :lol:

You can get houses for 50-60K here right now. :shock:
Can't be anymore expensive than the UK right now, fuel was probably the equivalent of $8-9 a gallon a couple of months ago...