Tree's DC4

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Nice teg, I didn't know we was suppose to post our teg builds on cc. Should I post mine? Lol

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Wow! Thanks for all the compliments guys. They are greatly, greatly appreciated :D
Looking good. Is that mugen spoiler a replica or is it real?
Thank you sir, it is in fact a real Mugen gen 1 wing.

Yes it is, and that's badass that it's real. After seeing this airbag delete I'm debating whether I should do it on my car.
It didn't come cheap, but I decided to stay wingless unless I happened to find a real Mugen gen 1 wing. I got lucky and found this one. I love the look of the delete. It looks so clean compared to the airbag.

The airbag delete is awesome. It really makes me want one.
Do it!

I love it! Subscribed. :cool:

Makes me miss my dc4. :P
Wow, that means a lot. Thanks!

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How did you remove the airbag? I'd always thought it would involve removing the dash.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
How did you remove the airbag? I'd always thought it would involve removing the dash.
1-Remove a battery cable and wait a few minutes to be safe.
2- unhinge your glove box.
3- unplug the airbag wires
4- You'll see a bracket on the bottom of the airbag with a few 10mm nuts on it. Remove the ones holding the airbag in.
5- there will be 2 10mm nuts to the left and right of the airbag (1 on either side) right near the dash. You'll need a big extension or multiple. Remove those
6- push the airbag up through the dash.

That's it. It should take about 20 minutes =)

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1-Remove a battery cable and wait a few minutes to be safe.
2- unhinge your glove box.
3- unplug the airbag wires
4- You'll see a bracket on the bottom of the airbag with a few 10mm nuts on it. Remove the ones holding the airbag in.
5- there will be 2 10mm nuts to the left and right of the airbag (1 on either side) right near the dash. You'll need a big extension or multiple. Remove those
6- push the airbag up through the dash.

That's it. It should take about 20 minutes =)
I shall save this in a word document for whenever I do this to my civic if I ever do this.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I'm not sure if it's different for a civic or not. I never did that in mine. It should be the same idea though :thumbs up

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's probably the same as the integra and civic are basically the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
^Thanks a lot man.

I just ordered a set of DB sedan handles. Not sure how long shipping will take on those.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
My DB sedan handles shipped out yesterday.
I'm also planning on removing the A/C today since I tested for and found a leak. I literally never use A/C in any vehicle I drive, and I plan on tracking this a lot. I think those are both good reasons to remove it rather than spending my money on something I won't use. Hopefully the weather is nice when I'm done work since it's supposed to rain.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Well, the weather didn't cooperate yesterday. Today I depressurized the A/C system at the shop and took the Mugen wing to the body shop to get a quote for repair. During shipping it got a few stress cracks. The FedEx claim is filed and I'm booked in for September 24th for repair.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Today I got around to doing the A/C delete.

First of all I decided to be smart and enjoy it even more, so I set up the awning on the trailer and pulled my car under it so I could enjoy the shade. It was really nice in the breeze without the sun =)

Untitled by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
I removed a few necessary things to remove the lines and cleaned the airfilter while I was at it.

The bay is now ready for tear down.

The first few lines are now out.

I guess I won't be needing this anymore so I peeled that off

I should have taken more pictures, but a little while later I removed everything that I needed to in the bay. I did it without taking the bumper off at all.

The bay now without A/C. I NEED to paint the valvecover soon...

Then I wiped down the bay a little more and ended the day by giving her a wash =)
I need to order the plug to plug the hole behind the battery. When I get that I will remove everything that is under the dash.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The last two pictures aren't working for me :( and those are the ones I want to see the most. :lol:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Work fine for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2