trip to the dyno on high boost. sohc ftw!

00si2

5+ Year Member
Do you think the 2" intercooler piping is hurting you?

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice numbers! congrats!

ryanM

i was thinking about that also? im pretty sure its still holding the boost pretty good. not 100% though. it obviously wasnt killing my power...
i have the same one, and they are supposedly only safe up to about 300hp or so.

its not so much a problem of holding the boost (it is PART of the problem though)

its more the part that type S's are small and they dont let enough air out fast enough

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice build and numbers man. How's the clutch? On/off switch?
clutch is starting to slip at 25psi because its onlt rated to 300ish tq.
its a stage 4 clutchmasters so ill just have to upgrade to a action 2ms clutch over the winter.
it holds 23psi so thats good enough for me.
what do you mean by an on/off switch?

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
As in there is no "easing the clutch out", the clutch is either in and your idling or out and you're moving.

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh. i c.
clutch honestlyi've had it so long that it feels stock.
i like the clutch, it grabs awesome, and the pedal is not hard to push in at all.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hows the greddy type s, i have one right now and installing it next week. IS it a piece or what??? I was looking to run that for a little bit then get a tial or something.....

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hows the greddy type s, i have one right now and installing it next week. IS it a piece or what??? I was looking to run that for a little bit then get a tial or something.....
i've had the tial, ad the hks ssqv and the greddy types s, and i like the type s the most followed very closely by the tial one.
its a good bov, and you can adjust it so thats kinda cool...

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why did u like it so much. i seen videos on youtube, and it sounds sick but I am also wondering why they discontinued it.......

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because the type rs came out. alot of people like the type s better than the rs including myself.