Trouble code: P1399?

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
I am soo confused about this damn code... i cant figure out why my car is pulling it!! Does anyone on here know what it is and how to fix it!! its on a 00 si

Thanks,
Austin

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=76624

i didnt see that code there.. you should ready the code by jumping the jumpers and counting the blinks... maybe reset the ecu.. restart and drive and see if it comes back after you figure out what it is.. or rechack the scan since i dont see that number...

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
how do you read it when its obd 2? i have the auto scanner... and when its at idle the car starts to miss and the check engine light flashes.

b16CIVICSI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you tried turning the key to the on position and then scanning it thats what i do and then when its done i just clear the code and the cel goes off

whit3b0y

5+ Year Member
1399 i belive is a crank angle sensor. i get 1359 an 1399 mixed up. i would check the plug on the crank angle sensor on the bottom of the block right by the crank pulley there should be a set of wires in a loom that goes to a plug. check the plug.
if vtec is not working it is the vtec code and could be vehicle speed sensor, tvec oil pressure, water temp sensor.

whit3b0y

5+ Year Member
yup i was wrong. ist the vtec. check those sensors and commonly its the vss. or vtec pressure. good luck

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
vtech works... i have changed out distys... plugs...wires... im sick of putting money into it. when i drive it it misses pretty bad... i get 6 codes i think.. missfire on each cylinder and the random missfire and then just that p1399 which says manufactuer control or igition symstem misfire. could my ecu be mess up? my final thoughts were that i had a injector stuck open but i swaped the one out that i thought was stuck open and that didnt make any differece....

I know for sure that the car is running very rich... im getting like 15 miles to the gallon and when i pull the plugs out they are all carbed up, really black looking.

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
My vtec is working fine... loud as can be. i just cant figure out whats wrong with my car. That damn code is making my whole car misfire... when i actually drive it i can pull 6 codes from my car and they are all misfires!!

I havd swaped out distys...plug wires... and plugs. im sick of draining money into this piece of junk... my car is getting around 15 miles to the gallon.. i got raw fuel coming out my exhaust.... i know that its running really rich b.c when i pull out my plugs they are all carbed up... very black.... i thought maby that i had a fuel injector suck open but i swaped out the one that i thought was bad and it didnt solve anything.. so im all out of ideas!! i caant firgure out what is wrong with it!! Could my ecu be going nuts or somthing... causing it to run really rich?

Thanks,
Austn

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
my vtec is working fine.. i just cant figure out what that code is b.c its making my car missfire on each cylinder.... and its running soo rich... im getting raw fuel out my exhaust!

I thought it might be just a fuel injector stuck open but i checked them and i replaced the one that i thought was bad... but it didnt change anything! Is my ecu going bad possibly... causing my car to run rich?? im getting about 15 miles to the gallon... and when i pull out my spark plugs all of them are black as can be, carbed up,.... like i said im just sick of poring money into this car.

Ive changed out the disty... plug wires.... and plugs and that injector and it hasnt changed anything! Does anyone have any ideas why its doing this??

Thanks,
Austn