trunk brackets?

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
alright so my problem is when i bought the car the trunk lid didnt stay open on its own and there were black metal rods sitting in the trunk. my question is how do the rods go in and keep the trunk open if someone has a pic or a diagram that would be awesome thanks!

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
download the manual in RonJ's sig

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
lol never even thought of that but now i gotta download them and its starting to get dark was hoping i could do it before it got to late lol

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
bump.....downloaded the Manual but doesn't tell u how to bars go in.....

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah the diagram is a little vague, but you will have three hinge brackets on each side..Zoom in on it, and you should be able to figure it out...

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
lol mine dosent have the shocks like that though it has long metal bars with hooks on them...can i go to a junk yard and get that setup though? with the shocks and mounts?

RUXcited

Lead foot.
the bars go under the rear deck lid. they connect from one hinge to another. they need to be set up in a twisting motion, to force the trunk lid up. but i thought all 5th gens had the shocks? i could be wrong though? good luck.

L.D.Forget

the bars go under the rear deck lid. they connect from one hinge to another. they need to be set up in a twisting motion, to force the trunk lid up. but i thought all 5th gens had the shocks? i could be wrong though? good luck.
My 94 hatch and my 95 sedan both have shocks, but my 94 coupe has the older style with the rods.

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
yeah lol finally figured it out and the trunk stays open on its own now thanks everyone for the help/advice!