Tryin To Do My EJ1 The Right Way :) (Clean)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i planned on keeping it the stock color black they had tho
It's not too late to change the title to The Wrong Way (Rice). You chose an ugly lip for that car, at least get it painted.

grgg1978

Balls deep....hahahaha
5+ Year Member
Nice car my advice do what u want to it don't go cheap and install what u can yourself. Well in my case I do I don't trust mechanics much or people in general working on my car.

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not feeling the white on white, at all....
just my .02

DAlexsanderC

5+ Year Member
Nice car my advice do what u want to it don't go cheap and install what u can yourself. Well in my case I do I don't trust mechanics much or people in general working on my car.
Thanks that's exactly what ive been doing. Doing wat i want of my own opinion.

UPDATE:

Looks alot better to me.

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your cars super cleaan ur lucky u got a civic with no rust
cant wait till u finish her up

Neutrilizer

5+ Year Member
Real nice pickup. Wish mine was in that good of shape when i bought it.

Is that original paint? If it is, guard it with your life. Rust loves white Hondas.

DAlexsanderC

5+ Year Member
Real nice pickup. Wish mine was in that good of shape when i bought it.

Is that original paint? If it is, guard it with your life. Rust loves white Hondas.
Yeah its the original paint.

...When i was washing the car today i spotted some rust starting at the rear panels :( atleast its not super bad from wat ive seen on the streets.

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i envy you to have such a clean start haha but word get that bad boy slammed asap

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly, the lip looks like s**t. It's not my opinion, it's an aesthetic fact. It's like gluing a metal wing to your trunk, fail.

Clean base, please keep it that way. Less is more, spend the extra $ and appreciate what you have.

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I thin its ok to have your lip black (or unpainted). as long as there's consistancy with your color theme. Since the balck contrastst the white paint, I would have kept the side molding black (if it were my car). But since you painted the moldings white, Id make the lip white also.

your car looks cool. Do whatever you want. Dont listen to fanboys

DAlexsanderC

5+ Year Member
I thin its ok to have your lip black (or unpainted). as long as there's consistancy with your color theme. Since the balck contrastst the white paint, I would have kept the side molding black (if it were my car). But since you painted the moldings white, Id make the lip white also.

your car looks cool. Do whatever you want. Dont listen to fanboys
Thanks fam.

....but yea i ran into some more problems. Went over some railroad tracks and my rusted exhaust broke off at the cat. :( its even harder with the money situation since schools starting tomorrow & all that crap. but my mommy said shes gonna help me get my exhaust =)

Planning on getting Apexi WS 2 exhaust. Looks super nice & sounds good IMO.

Update: Got my HID Ballast replaced and homeade license relocator :p yeah i got cheap.

civicvette

5+ Year Member
i gotta agree... there's some other lips that would look more lo-pro than the current one. It's hella big. Just my .02 cents. But do what you want, it's your car.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you say mommy? Really?

I have got to agree with some of the others that the direction is working way away from "clean". Trying to be different you took the wrong fork in the road and are making the transition to terrible extremely fast.

Here is MHO:

-The lip should be white if your other moldings are going to stay white.
-The license plate looks terrible where it is.
-The headlights need adjusted bad. They are extremely out of wack and are very blinding. Just because it is super bright like that doesn't mean that it is good.
-You say you want different but are going with "big boy rims" because that is what everyone around you is doing. Seems to be a conflicting way of thinking.

Here is my personal problem with 17's. (I have them right now) They are heavy. I lost gas mileage pretty bad when I put mine on. There has been NOTHING else changed since and I am down to 22-23 mpg and the only change is the 17's. The car is fresh tuned and I checked the mileage before and after the rims. Another problem I have is the tires are a lower profile than with the 16's I am putting on soon. The ride is rough and you feel a lot more of the road, bumps, rocks, etc. The tires are also more expensive. Final problem that I have is that the car sits higher with them on compared to the smaller rims. It doesn't look as low as it did with 16 inch rims on it. Could be just a trick of the eye though.

DAlexsanderC

5+ Year Member
Alright. yeah ive learned alot being on these forums & such.

but heres the deal.
Tokico shocks & spring combo
16" Rota circuit 8
im leaving the lip as is cuz i have no money to paint it professionally & problems always happen with Honda's for me its the radiator as of now.
Eventually i'll be purchasing a new lip & paint!

Sound better?

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"Powered by Mommy"

Really though, just get a OEM lip if you're after "clean".

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
problems always happen with Honda's for me its the radiator as of now.

I don't know why people always just assume that Hondas are perfect and you aren't going to have any problems. You have a 14+ year car. Stuff is going to happen. Parts don't last for ever and being a Honda doesn't magically mean that they will. I had a lady actually come back to yell at me when I worked at the dealership that bought a used Honda off our lot and something went out. Some people actually feel that because they are buying a Honda and everyone says that they are so reliable, that they shouldn't have any problems. Doesn't work that way.

Being that old expect more stuff to go wrong, its the nature of aging.

As far as parts go, it's your money. There are some people that preach on what to do, where others give their personal opinions. You have to learn what information to wade through and what to discard. In the end it is yours (or mommy's) money that is being spent so do what you want. Just don't call it clean if you are going to chop it up and throw F&F parts on it. That isn't considered clean now, if it even ever was.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Should've painted that lip before you put it on. Good choice of exhaust though.