Trying to figure out proper ohms to hook up 2 subs

supaman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, you are incorrect. Again, the amp itself does not know how many wires you have connected to it, it only knows the ohm resistance wired to it. That amp he is using is rated at 750w x 1 signal @ 2 ohms. So no matter how many speakers he has wired to that signal, as long as the resistance is 2 ohms, then that amp is suppose to be supplying 750w. This is why you see so many different configurations in subwoofer coil ohms. You see single 4 ohm, 8 ohm, and 2 ohm, or dual voice coil 2 ohm, 4 ohm, 8 ohm, etc. This allows you to be able to wire your speakers to a certain ohm resistance based on the amount of subs/amp you choose. You don't have to have the same number of amplifiers (or multiple channel amplifiers) as you do subwoofers/speakers, you just have to make sure that the amplifier is stable at the ohm load you wire your subs to it. When you referred to bridging the amplifier, that is a multiply channel amplifier that you are essentially making into a monoblock amplifier like what the OP has.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This would be solved so quickly if we actually spoke. I'll just do my added research on monoblock hookups specifically. I getvyour point but I still think Im right at least to sone extent. At least we agree that he is greatly underpowering those subs.

supaman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do some research more on wiring subs, your confusion more lies in that than it does on the amp. You have to stop thinking about it as wiring a certain amount of wires and start thinking in terms of ohm resistance. You talked about bridging an amp before, how would you bridge an amplifier then if you had a 2 channel amplifier if you had more than 1 subwoofer?