Trying to figure out the problem...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying to figure out the problem with my sisters car, Checked the fuses, swapped out the efi relay, changed the starter (thought maybe it was a coincidence that it stalled and wouldn't start again), can't figure it out!

Car has fuel and spark, it seems as if when the starter turns nothing else happens. The starter doesn't even sound normal.

Could a bad alternator do this? Could that be the cause? Cause I can't figure out anything else!

Last edited:

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is the car cranking or is it not making any noise at all. if cranking check starter wires and check grounds.

Last edited:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car isn't cranking, but the starter makes a sound like it's not able to move the fly wheel. I know the starter works cause I pulled it out and tried to start the car with it out and it spun like it should.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
check the spark plug wires and spark plugs.

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is the car automatic or manual? if it is manual try push starting it. if it starts obviously the engine is fine.
Does the starter sound turning like faster than normal?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so the car doesnt start eh? does the fuel prime when you turn the key on the 'on' position?

*you might wanna check to see if your actually getting fuel to the front.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You post whore... You don't think I already did that?
whats happening to yours, is what just happened to mine...cept it would start for a second or two.

Come to find out, my spark plu gaskets were ripped and oil was gushing into the spark plug cylinders.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats happening to yours, is what just happened to mine...cept it would start for a second or two.

Come to find out, my spark plu gaskets were ripped and oil was gushing into the spark plug cylinders.
Well, I know thats not the case, cause I did a compression test on it.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car is an auto, it does give a ton of transmission cel codes, could that be the case?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turn it upside down and shake it like a baby :what: