tucking 17's?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My buddy is riding on 17's right now at stock height with stock springs/shocks. It looks fine. Could use an inch or 2 drop but it's fine otherwise. Doesn't rub when he turns all the way either.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
My buddy is riding on 17's right now at stock height with stock springs/shocks. It looks fine. Could use an inch or 2 drop but it's fine otherwise. Doesn't rub when he turns all the way either.
I have tom's springs that dropped the car 1/4 inch, and people still told me it was jacked up. WTF?? It looked good to me. I loooove big wheels, heck I have a set of 18's, (I was even contimplating a set of 19's.) but I will say you have to be more careful with pot holes, tire pressure, and wheel balancing. And you should be ok.

Wheel balance is the most important with bigger wheels, if you start feeling the wheels vibrate, check to see if the sticky weights are still there. That is VERY important, I had a really bad vibration on my 17's and 2 of the lug threads were chewed loose due to wheel balance, vary scary moment.

Also I would highly suggest you clean the wheels very good before you get them balanced, because most shops do not clean the insides very well, if at all.

dwack91

5+ Year Member
oh they will go on and look amazing while there thur

afterhrsplayer

5+ Year Member
I have 17x7.5 rims on my car(blue sedan) and I'm lowered on H&R springs. No problems at all. My cousin has 18's on his car(yellow coupe) stock height and he doesn't rub either.

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ride 17s with a 40 series tire but im not completely dumped. I need to fix my exhaust up and then ill drop my coilovers down all the way for summer and take some pics for ya. I dont think it looks bad by any means but I think 15s look better.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im cureently rolling on 17s with a drop with the goldline lowering springs...look at sig...the car is not as low as it used to be, but i dont get any rubbs or nothin

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AMR Engineering said:
Cause I'm too lazy too, and I don't really post pics of my car often. lol.

Thanks for the compliment.
no problem. you gotta make one sometime though.