Tune in the maritimes

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I am looking for a reputable shop that can tune my car, 95 civic sir, stock motor but vtec is sounding different, like it's not firing right or not getting enough gas or oil. seems a lil more sluggish than usuall an when vtech hit's it sounds like it reving up and down ever so slightly. I live in Sussex, NB. and traveling isn't a worry, I love to just drive. O yea Vtec also kicks in around 5,900 rpms - 6,100 rpms. It varies and I don't know why.

Caper

5+ Year Member
Did you try Xtreme Motorsport ??

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok well the gf won't let me go there lol...From what she tells me, (she is the one with the mechanics degree and knows alot more ppl than I do). they are not that great and same for Downforce, friend of mine just got a d17a2 put in and well he has been having problems with it an everytime he takes it down there they charge him more and more for stuff they should be putting the cost, but I get treated pretty good by them, I am really picky on who touches my car. the only thing I want done good is my tune other than that I do all my own work. like everyone else on here. thanks though for the info, guess i will just have to get my degree and open my own shop lol.

blueEM1

5+ Year Member
double check that your oil level is full before you go spend a bunch of money on a dyno. that same crap happened to me in one of my old cars because the oil level was low. not tryin to sound like an a*****e just wasn't sure if u checked that at all yet. good luck

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
If you remove the Vtec solenoid you will see a small rubber gasket that has a screen on it, if the screen gets clogged due to oil deposits your vtec will no kick in on time it will be late due to decreased oil flow. Pull the solenoid off and have a look at the screen if it's not clean then I would suggest getting a new one, not that expensive.

Also the weight of your oil can make a difference. Hondas are known for burning oil, and honda owners are known for throwing in as thick as oil as the poor engines will take, I would think that a thicker oil would result in a sluggish vtec activation.

Hope this helps some.

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I check my oil levels regularly and use 5w30 oil, conventional haven't switched to syn yet, about the solinoid how does it come apart I haven't taken it apart and don't know much about vtec yet. I need a new tps, cause mine's all screwed up and broke where it's held in place so it falls off every now and then, I get a cell code 20, electrical load detector could that just be bad grounds? When is Vtec supose to kick in on a B16A ?

Anyone live around the maritimes?

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
I'm from PEI, and I'm not sure abotu vtec on a B16 but my D16 is around 5500, you just remove the two bolts from the housing and unplug the sensor, and then it just comes right off, pretty easy to take off and the screen is part of the gasket so that just pulls out