Tunersports + Yonaka (cat back) + BlackWorks (testpipe) company/product review

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Need to preface this review: I ordered both products through TunerSports, the Yonaka cat back & BWR test pipe were being mated to a b16a w/ 4-1 DC header 2.5" outlet in a 93 SI hatchback.

TunerSports:

Rocks, plain and simple. Expectations were set excellently, their integration with Google Wallet was seamless and made it really easy to both track payment and package.

The gui with the order number + zip code made it really easy to pull shipping info and date shipped BEFORE google wallet informed me the items shipped.

Exhaust shipped from Ottawa and the test pipe shipped from Arizona yet they arrived the same day as eachother. Order-to-receive time 6 business days. No complaints.

Yonaka cat back

Cost is a positive draw, especially for a daily driver.

Upon delivery the box was pretty badly beaten up with both ends of the box torn at 2 seams... Luckily the gasket/ bolt pack was stuck to some tape that was accidentally poking through the seam on the top of the box.

When I opened the package there were 2 superficial dents in the mid pipe and muffler... nothing to b**** about, they weren't even creased and looked like they would pop out as soon as the pipe got hot... and they did.

The exhaust bolts together easily and fits tight to the body. For the price it was a shock, a pleasant one, but a shock.

Only gripe with the 93 - 3Dr system is the muffler size. it hangs roughly ( below tip) 4-6 inches. I'm not low enough to matter to me but you slammed guys might rip it off on a driveway. And without a rear lip it looks huge.

BWR test pipe

Came in a perfectly pristine package like it was hand delivered by a bike messenger.

Cloackable 60MM 3 bolt flange is exactly what I needed and mated up perfectly with the 60MM yonaka the 3 bolt flange on the BWR is slightly loose fitting and the center section was just about stationary.

The collector end was a little narrow for a 2.51 doughnut gasket from an S2K... so I modified the outer diameter to fit.. no big deal

There is an O2 bung in the test pipe ( good for you guys who have a secondary), but with the O2 Bung on the DC being 7 inches away I kept the plug in it.

After Bolting the test pipe to the collector end of the header I sinched down the 3 bolt flange end with a chain channel lock to stop the flange from spinning while I installed the rest of the exhaust. with no issue.

Results

For those of you who are interested I will post a video of the sound in a little while. No rattle, low tone and sounds stock at idle. Mid/high Rpm passes through a range of boxer engine to typical honda high end sound as you go through the powerband.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEIJrYd3y6A&feature=youtu.be

any questions?