Tuning B16

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a couple quick questions...

i'm planning on getting my car tuned....cause i need it...

Jdm B16a obd1

I have a :
short ram intake
test pipe
full exhaust
VAFC 1
Fuel Pressure Regulator
CTR Cams

coming right now:
Skunk 2 Pro Series I/M
4-1 Header

me never having to get a car dyno tuned..@ 175/hr...how long do you think it will take to tune...i'm not scared to spend the $$ to get it tuned...i just don't want a $600 bill for nothing serious...

i've heard with my setup...they will mess with the VAFC, and probly my timing a little bit...

i'm just curious....this is completely new to me..

thanks

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tuning usually takes aroudn 3hrs.

instead of the hack, get a chipped ECU and run crome

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tuning an n/a setup on a vafc wont net you that much hp gain, nor will it take anywhere near 3 hours. it usually takes an hour or so on a boosted setup to get fuel right, the rest is ignition. you cant mess with ignition with a vafc, and fuel is pretty straightforward n/a, so i dont expect it to take more than 1.5 hours, and thats only if the tuner is really thorough.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
run a stock ecu. the gains from tuning wont justify the pricetag.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
run a stock ecu. the gains from tuning wont justify the pricetag.
i have a P72 ecu that i'm running...how will they tune it when it isn't chipped...or is my setup even worth a chip?

i figured they would just advance the timing about 2 degrees...or somethin to that effect?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was leaning towards that option anyway....so if i dyno tune it without the vafc....they will do?....like i said...stupid ?....i'm just new to dyno tuning

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was leaning towards that option anyway....so if i dyno tune it without the vafc....they will do?....like i said...stupid ?....i'm just new to dyno tuning
without an AFC or a chipped ECU, there is no tuning possible

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hes saying you dont need a tune. run the right ECU.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, I dont think u need a tune either

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a turbo than tune
but i dont think u need a tune just get the right ecu

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know someone who got a obd1 b16a street tuned on chrome and it made a noticable difference. 1/4 time got better and it ran better, only cost him 250 i think.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think youll make good power with a tune.

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a couple quick questions...

i'm planning on getting my car tuned....cause i need it...

Jdm B16a obd1

I have a :
short ram intake
test pipe
full exhaust
VAFC 1
Fuel Pressure Regulator
CTR Cams

coming right now:
Skunk 2 Pro Series I/M
4-1 Header

me never having to get a car dyno tuned..@ 175/hr...how long do you think it will take to tune...i'm not scared to spend the $$ to get it tuned...i just don't want a $600 bill for nothing serious...

i've heard with my setup...they will mess with the VAFC, and probly my timing a little bit...

i'm just curious....this is completely new to me..

thanks
Cams are a good reason to get the car tuned. I would recommend getting that ecu chipped and finding a local tuner who can hook you up. If you want the best bang for your buck, get some cam gears and then take it to the dyno.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the cams would be the only reason i'd spend money to tune that car.... you wont notice a difference over a basemap with just those other things....

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the cams are the only reason i am going to get the tune....i got the intake manifold on....definetly bumped up on the butt dyno...it just keeps pulling and pulling ....the header is coming on tuesday....i was also considering getting some adj. cam gears to get the most out of the cams....mine as well...

slowEGG

5+ Year Member
tuning would be pointless IMO, just run a chipped p28 or p30 and call it a day.

the only reason i would tune is if you have internal work done or head work, bottom end, FI, ITB

then again if you tune then that means you will be making the most out of the car, getting to know your power bands and what not. and not running rich or lean

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get the thing tuned!! here in hawaii to get your car tuned run about 250 an hour.. i would tune it just to get it running right

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tuning would be pointless IMO, just run a chipped p28 or p30 and call it a day.

the only reason i would tune is if you have internal work done or head work, bottom end, FI, ITB

then again if you tune then that means you will be making the most out of the car, getting to know your power bands and what not. and not running rich or lean
your post made no sense to me:???:
LOL
if your going to chip the ECU, what maps will be run?!
if your going for a chipped ECU, then get it tuned.