Tuning B16

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
tuning would be pointless IMO, just run a chipped p28 or p30 and call it a day.

the only reason i would tune is if you have internal work done or head work, bottom end, FI, ITB

then again if you tune then that means you will be making the most out of the car, getting to know your power bands and what not. and not running rich or lean
yea. just chip the ECU and run the fuel maps that arent tuned. just some random maps, i guess :roll:

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i made the descision to get a dyno tune tomorrow....already set the appointment up

getting it done at JEIMPORTPERFORMANCE in Baltimore MD

said it would probly take about an hour....finallly get to see how much i'm putting to the ground....

i'll post dyno videos...and dyno sheet tomorrow !

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh christ! JE, huh? good luck.

well i didn't have the luck you gave me today....and before i spit the story....let me just say....in my personal opinion.....JE Import Performance...is some f**king bullshit...and a rip off

i got there and he signed me in the computer...got me the unpaid invoice of the hourly rate...took the keys and put it on the dyno...i heard it make 3 pulls...only 2 into vtec....and he comes back int he waiting room and tells me my clutch is slipping when vtec engages...i tell him thats not possible....he insists.....i tell him the clutch only has about 12k miles on it...and he tells me theres no way....and he refuses to tune it....news to me that my clutch is slipping....because everytime i got to hit a gear or shift hard ....no slippage...just grab and go....always...

and in the end...he charges me $75.00 to make 3 "power runs, with no wideband or tuning"

JE Import performance...if you read this....suck my d**k....scamming assholes

i was the green 98 civic with the B16, Ctr Cams, AFC ect....f**k you

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i didn't have the luck you gave me today....and before i spit the story....let me just say....in my personal opinion.....JE Import Performance...is some f**king bullshit...and a rip off

i got there and he signed me in the computer...got me the unpaid invoice of the hourly rate...took the keys and put it on the dyno...i heard it make 3 pulls...only 2 into vtec....and he comes back int he waiting room and tells me my clutch is slipping when vtec engages...i tell him thats not possible....he insists.....i tell him the clutch only has about 12k miles on it...and he tells me theres no way....and he refuses to tune it....news to me that my clutch is slipping....because everytime i got to hit a gear or shift hard ....no slippage...just grab and go....always...

and in the end...he charges me $75.00 to make 3 "power runs, with no wideband or tuning"

JE Import performance...if you read this....suck my d**k....scamming assholes

i was the green 98 civic with the B16, Ctr Cams, AFC ect....f**k you
its funny because thats exactly what i was talking about. With the "Oh Christ", and wishing of good luck.

My suggestion to you, is call Tempest in Mechanicsville and take it to them. Ever heard of some one named Sander? He is no bullshit and a VERY honest person. If you want to talk to me more about it, PM me. Since this is a local thing only, it would do any good posting in the forum.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude thats wild....joe is my brothers friend...and i just never had the guts to take my car to him thinking it might be treated differently....but at like 9:00 tonight i called tempest....and surprisingly joe answered....and i set up the tune for tomorrow at 1.....i'll let you guys know how i goes....wish me luck on this one...haha

and thanks for all the feedback....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dude thats wild....joe is my brothers friend...and i just never had the guts to take my car to him thinking it might be treated differently....but at like 9:00 tonight i called tempest....and surprisingly joe answered....and i set up the tune for tomorrow at 1.....i'll let you guys know how i goes....wish me luck on this one...haha

and thanks for all the feedback....
Joe seems like a really really nice guy. He has a GREAT reputation around here for being a good/honest guy. you should be fine there. Maybe Sander will tune it? thats who did mine when i went there.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get the adj cam gears and a header, chip then just bring it. Im sure itll have decent gains.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea, if you're gonna make the trip all the way down there, you might wanna get a few more things done at once so u dont have to go back and pay for another tune anytime soon.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i figured out what i'm gonna do....i'm gonna get rid of the VAFC.....adj cam gears....310cc injectors...fuel rail...and hondata s200 w/o boost.and i have the hondata IM gasket coming right now...and i'm set...thats all i'm going for....

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i figured out what i'm gonna do....i'm gonna get rid of the VAFC.....adj cam gears....310cc injectors...fuel rail...and hondata s200 w/o boost.and i have the hondata IM gasket coming right now...and i'm set...thats all i'm going for....
310cc injectors... waste of money. You aren't using your 240s to their max. I've seen people make 250whp with factory injectors. Now if you're going boost or something, that would be something else to d**k with. I really doubt you will even be close to 200whp NA.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
310cc injectors... waste of money. You aren't using your 240s to their max. I've seen people make 250whp with factory injectors. Now if you're going boost or something, that would be something else to d**k with. I really doubt you will even be close to 200whp NA.

yea...200 would be nice....i'm just shooting for what ever makes me satisfied

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you DEFINITELY dont need a new fuel rail. but i understand some people like to them for the appearance aspect. When are you going to tempest? a buddy of mine needs to go also, maybe CC cruise and a group discount???

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm waiting on the hondata to come...as well as the gasket and the cam gears...after that....i'm there...next week....