tunning a stock 93 civic

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
i have a 93 civic with stock motor no vtech and trans. i dont know what the hell u guys call it. i plan on running a true cia, header and exhaust. thats it for performance. what would be my best tuning options

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A motor with no tranny is called a longblock to us. With performance just adding an intake, header, exhaust... You won't need any tuning at all. Maybe an ecu reset?
Vtech can be found at any local store such as walmart and target..most
come in wireless form and most come with a main station as well as one you can put somewhere else. Also depending on age they have different learning toys as well.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol the seriousness of 2slo's post was hilarious.

OP its VTEC not vtech.

And those mods will not add any real performance to your car, no tuning will be needed. Just unplug battery to reset ECU when you add them..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as the intake part goes you may just want to get a K&N drop in filter.. they work well and are good for just about the life of the car(since you can clean them)..

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
2solo you funny man. i meant its a stock block without VTEC and its a stock trans but I'm sure you already knew that.

I'm new to the hole Honda world were as I'm a mopar guy. I'm just looking for a lil bit of more power for daily driving. I know reseting the ecu would help with my plans but i was wondering if there is just a little bit more power that could be squeezed out by tunning.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
=) I knew what you mean't. Was just mess'n with you. But I don't think a tune would be worth it. Most shops charge by the hour and can be pretty pricey. I say you won't be needing a tune till you do more internal work and use bigger injectors. My tuner tuned his stock y8 motor and gained about 4 hp with all oem parts but the purpose of him tuning it was to get better gas mileage. Not worth the time IMO