turbo d temperature issues

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im having a concern bout a boosted d16z6. everytime i really get on her for long periods of time....lets say highway full bore....balls to the wall. after i get done doing the "road runner thrust move" coming back down from high speed, the temp gauge goes absolutly nucking futs. but during normal driving, no matter how long im driving and under moderate boost, its fine. its only after going nuclear that she does this. its got me confused. at first i was thinking it was the head gasket, so i replaced that.....still does it. theres no oil in the coolant and vice versa. now granted this is only a temporary motor for the next 3-4 weeks when i get my motor done....AGAIN....so im runnin it at 12 untuned. the little d has taken a pounding, and shes held up extremely nice for being untuned, and having 140k miles on it. my concern is you think this is something that i should keep and eye on, or just let it go. considering it only does it when im frickin really moving.

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP, i think the "untuned" part may have some play in it.. especially getting on it.
why would you run that much boost on a stock single slammer and not tune it? thats just beyond asking for it..

you dont have the correct basemap or fuelmap for boost.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no s**t captain obvious... this is only a temporary motor, but has to last another 3 weeks, then im blocking the wastegate and pushing 30 plus through her an blowing her up. so like I said before this motor really means nothing to me... an if it blows before then I have plenty of back ups, but would not like to replace it, only to replace it again with a 2.5 stroked H. so I would like it to last til then, moneys not an issue for me no more. plus I have a whole junk yard to play in.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Like previously stated, running it untuned may DEFINITELY be causing your problems. Take it easy on it so it lasts until you can get your new motor in!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So let me get this straight..

"I'm running 12 psi untuned, and overheating... why?"
"Because you're untuned"
"No s**t, captain obvious"