Turbo D16

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's been a while since I have been on this forum but I have always had a Civic on the lot. I am currently unemployed and bored, what do I do? Take the spare parts out of the garage and put them on the D16Z6. Here is what I have so far:
- A'PEXi T25 manifold; from their old discontinued kit they had years ago.
- SRT 4 intercooler with modified end tanks.
- Making custom piping with 2.5" and 2.25" pipe.
- HKS SSQV2 blow-off valve, Black edition.
- Making a custom down-pipe with stainless steel pipe.
- Venom 550CC injectors
- Chipped P28, going to self tune using Crome pro.

I had a TB2528 and was trying to rebuild it myself. I was able to get the nut off the shaft but not the compressor wheel, aggravated I broke a fin and then threw it against the ground. Now I need a new turbo but if all goes well my friend will hopefully have a T25 SR20DETT turbo. In my opinion, it is a better turbo than what I had anyway.

I will get pictures for you soon.

AS FOR POWER EXPECTATIONS: 220-240 WHP. It will yield that power. I will make it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So wheres the f**ken pics :what:

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It is in a 1992. Originally came as a VX but the engine was trash so we got this D16Z6 with a brand new clutch for $200. I will be posting pictures when it comes closer to getting finished

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, I have in and got a coupe. 3 months looking for any clean titled tuning civic hatch that wasn't teal 92-95 and no success. Are you building for a DD, weekend car, track, 1/4 mile?

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, I have in and got a coupe. 3 months looking for any clean titled tuning civic hatch that wasn't teal 92-95 and no success. Are you building for a DD, weekend car, track, 1/4 mile?
It will be driven daily. It is actually my brothers car, unfortunately he blew out his knee for the 2nd time. Hope it can heal enough so he can enjoy it too. I am building this car out of sheer boredom and to prove that a Civic can be quick with next to no money invested into it. All I currently need is some welding skills; which I lack, and a new turbo. My buddy hasn't answered back to me yet and I have been searching the local classifieds with next to no luck.

There is a guy that lives close to me that has an Ebay kit, the turbo is seized but it is all in the box. If I had spare cash I would buy it from him but he wouldn't take the $550 I offered him.

I posted pictures but like I said, I wanted to share better pictures and not ones of the parts.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just bought a GT28R from a RB26DETT, should help move this car alright. Once I receive the turbo the kit will come together quickly. I hope, weather is getting cold early this year

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a turbo kit ill sell u for $600

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It isn't the fact that I want to turbo it. I am doing this for something to do to keep me busy. Thanks for the offer. I just got my GT28R, things should start coming together now.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Compressor and Turbine Specs:
T3 Compressor Housing AR .42
Wheel T3 Trim 50
Inducer = 42.51
Exducer = 60.1

Turbine
Housing AR .48
Wheel T25 Trim 62
Inducer 53.8mm