turbo d16z6 help

bwahhj128

im wanting to basically rebuild my d16z6 with 258,000 miles and turbo it out. im wandering how much money would i need to do this? how much would i be spending on the rebuild WITH turbo mods. what changes would i need to make internal wise? im wanting to have a daily driver with only about 8lbs to 10lbs of boost. how much horsepower should i be expecting and is it worth it? i dont have the money to be swapping engines so i wanted to do this. done quite some research just need a little bit more advise. tuning aswell. how much to tune for a daily driver? i live in brentwood tennesse and yall can tell im a noob at this but just want some feedback. thanks again.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
After costs of a rebuild, etc, it would be cheaper to swap the motor and go NA. Though you'll have much more fun with boost.

Not sure how much a rebuild costs, but before you start spending money, set a power goal. Do you have a budget? Save $500 for tuning ALONE.

Also, take a read here: http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

bwahhj128

then ill go with a b16a swap. $1500 about and how much would it be to make it all motor....a b16a?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well without a turbo, it's already all-motor, lol. It makes around 160hp stock, I believe. Not sure how much it would cost to build and get more power out of her though, never built an NA motor (still rocking my first car, lol)

Do you have a power goal / budget?