Turbo for the hell of it...

jevsays

5+ Year Member

Does anyone disagree with me when I say "I want turbo just to say I have turbo"?...

I mean, does anyone just want that adrenaline rush and power for kicks?

May be a dumb post but I would just like to see what everyone's opinions are...

I'd like to have a nice turboed daily driver and just punch it every once in a while...

:D

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think thats kinda dumb. I know some douche bag that turbod his jetta just for a blow off valve, a friend of mine told me he had 1 psi of boost. Thats just lame.

Youd be better setting a goal, maybe 275-300.

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anybody that wants a turbo just to say they have turbo should be shot immediately.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
who cares... i dont see a problem with people going turbo to say they have one...

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm going turbo so people don't know what's under the hood until it's to late. Also because of the 99 out of 100 civics out there that look like F&F Rejects with no motor work.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im just going turbo so i can have faster lap times autoxing using a ball bearing turbo setup rather than supercharge.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest, i think turbos have become the new bandwagon. i was boosted for the first time almost 3 years ago and there was hardly anyone with a turbo Honda in my area. now i drive around and see plenty on a daily basis. its becoming more of a status thing now more than anything...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
3 years ago when i was boosted, there was NOBODY boosting. people only ran N/A.. up until today, still not much people here thats boosted besides evos and stis which come stock.. but no other cars, you actually have to go out and find them rather than see them on a daily.

jevsays

5+ Year Member
I'd like to put a lil turbo thing on my civi but somethin's wrong with the engine.

It was diagnosed at a honda dealer for like 100$+, which was an all-day horror, and they told me not enough oil was being pushed into the vtec and not letting it engage.

Now when I run the car into that 6k rpm the damn check engine light comes on...

Bought an oil pump, which they said should do the trick, but have yet to install it...

Luckily a friend of mine works at a honda dealership and we were refunded the money but not my precious time and patience.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[
I'd like to have a nice turboed daily driver and just punch it every once in a while...
]

That's pretty much what my turbo car is for.

That and the N/A 2.4 4 cylinder sucks rhino ass in a 3400 lb fatass station wagon.

Nothing like the look on the 4.0 Mustang driver's face when he gets ripped by a PT Cruiser. :shockl:
:bluelol:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i can do the install for you, if your in dallas area. i charge by FRH

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am getting turbo soon just cause i want to have more power. i dont think anyone can deny that u also get a turbo so u can feel/look better than the guy next to you in the orange/green civic.

everything on a jdm civic is about status. no matter how hard people say it isnt.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm going turbo so that I can get laid.