turbo help

bryonmarise

i just put a turbo set up on my 2000 civic b16 the car runs good as long as i dont stomp the peddle to the floor when i do it falls on its fase can someone help im running 10 psi on stock set up

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
i just put a turbo set up on my 2000 civic b16 the car runs good as long as i dont stomp the peddle to the floor when i do it falls on its fase can someone help im running 10 psi on stock set up
do you have a stock ecu or a chipped ecu?
its probly your base map it wont read boost..it will but not that much try turning your boost down to like 5 or 6 lbs and go from there. let use know if that fixed the falling on its face problem

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is your car tuned?

What size injectors are you running?

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Was just about to ask that same question. Gotta be carefull with that!!!! Spend some $$ on a nice ECU...I really hope it's tuned....

bryonmarise

not tuned just got it running 2days ago. 2000 ex with a 2000 si b16 swap i done it myself not by some shop.hands on the only way

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not tuned just got it running 2days ago. 2000 ex with a 2000 si b16 swap i done it myself not by some shop.hands on the only way
wow, so your driving a non tuned turbo car? Hope the damage isnt already done!!

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stop driving. Pick up a base map from phearable.net or another reputable tuner or simply get to a tuner asap.

bryonmarise

do you have a stock ecu or a chipped ecu?
its probly your base map it wont read boost..it will but not that much try turning your boost down to like 5 or 6 lbs and go from there. let use know if that fixed the falling on its face problem
car runs better but it still does the same thing if push the gas to the floor

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
car runs better but it still does the same thing if push the gas to the floor
WOW DUDE, can you read? your saying the shits not working, then you say your arent tuned, so that throws a red flag up to everyone and you get told, "Hey, stop driving". whats do you do? "man s**t dont work when i slam on the pedal..."

sweet berjebus. go to a tuner, and get your car running right before you decide to start hammering on it.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and here we have yet another turbo build with absolutely no research base whatsoever...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Take the advice from others. I wouldn't drive it until you get it tuned. Unless you want to damage your motor (if you already haven't). My friend supercharged his V8 Dakota and drove it untuned.. lasted him a week. $6000 and a new motor later, the supercharger is now sitting on his basement floor.

Get it tuned, or you WILL damage the motor.

you wanted help right? we're trying to help you... get it tuned, and it will run 100x better.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seeing that makes my tummy hurt lol

How can one say "Still doesn't run well when I put the gas on the floor" and "I'm not running it hard, i'm no dumb a" in the same thread?? lol

Yeawh dude...tune it....might wanna get that thing tested while your at it...may already be hurt

bryonmarise

no its not hurt i tore it apart its all good . i think yall for the help im running a 5 lb spring till i get the money to get it tuned .can u tell me how to hook up a turbo timer

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He doesn't need a fuel rail.

Driving the car at all, whether it is hard or not is the worst decision you could make. If you don't have the money to tune it now, I sure hope you have another car to drive b/c you need to park it. Doesn't matter what spring or boost or anything, just stop. Get a good engine management system, i personally like my S300, and get it tuned @ a good reputable shop, and do it now!