turbo install

civic0918

Registered VIP
what all is needed other that an ecu for a turbo install? Are injectors nessasary i did not use them on my car but im selling my turbo and ppl are asking me questions. And well im just a dummy. I pay ppl to do that and have no idea what all is needed other than the turbo itself.

jsantos5150

to make it run properly you need a lot more than just a ecu,for example APR head bolts, a good blow off valve , the waist gate and the injector will help a lot. i had a b18 turbo but it always had some type of oil leak so i sold it too... go all motor it 100% much better and relavable

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to make it run properly you need a lot more than just a ecu,for example APR head bolts, a good blow off valve , the waist gate and the injector will help a lot. i had a b18 turbo but it always had some type of oil leak so i sold it too... go all motor it 100% much better and relavable
huh?

all motor is the expensive way to go slow

civic0918

Registered VIP
yeah i have all that. I was gonna sale it to get a project benz. I was just wondering if injectors were needed I never used them before that i know of atleast i never seen them on a bill. If someone buys my turbo i may go for a b series i posted it on here but dont have alot of pics until monday nite. Or get that benz i dunno i want way to many things lol.

civic0918

Registered VIP
yeah i understand that im not a retard. maybe i wanted some new inputs. Did i offend you or something?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yes injectors are a must... get some dsm 450cc injectors.... there like 50-100 bucks...

Mugen DC5

Back to a civic
5+ Year Member
Turbo ftw lol

main things you need for a turbo set up would be

Turbo
Turbo manifold
Injectors
Oil feed/return line
Blow off valve
Intercooler+Piping
WasteGate
Dumptube/ some people use em some don't
Oil pan tapped for return line
down pipe
and an ECU to tune

boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, wideband to keep moniter.

i think that's it not sure if i'm missing anything.. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just make it easy on yourself and post what does come with the kit so people will stop asking you questions. And make sure to learn about cars if your going to get in the scene or people will be cheating you left and right telling you you need this and that etc.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
This all depends on what kind and size of turbo you are selling and how much they want to boost it.

Wastegate is not needed if turbo already has an internal wastegate.
Blow-off Valve is not needed but recommended.
Intercooler is not needed but recommended.
You'll need an intake for it.
Charge-Pipes
Down-pipe
Fuel Injectors are not necessarily needed unless you're over 50% duty cycle. (I've seen duty cycles maxed out with stock injectors but they tend to not last long).
And a good Engine Management system if not just using an FMU.
Also, I suggest changing ignition timing... I forget if you advance or retard... I'm tired
Also, make sure the spark plugs are the right heat level for your application
There's a lot more you might need to have done, but like I said, it's all about the kind of turbo, size, and boost level.