Turbo kit for the d16y7 engine non vtec

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Considering that generation of civic had models that came with a b-series, one would definitely fit.

Yes it is a lot. That is what everyone, including myself has been trying to tell you. It isn't just buy a cheap ebay kit, throw it on, and call it a day. No matter how determined or bull headed you are. If I had a dollar for every kid that has come on here telling us they are determined and are going to do it their way and will find a way only to finally figure out that what everyone has been saying is true for a reason, I would be rich. Go on ANY honda site and ask the same question and provide the same goal you did here and you will get the same answers, only a lot of those sites won't let you down so easy and most won't even give you the time of day because it has been beaten to death.

Read the links you were provided they were compiled for a reason.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol at the go autoworks site being s**t, you just don't want to spend the money from a legit seller. Turbonetics is not the greatest turbo manufacturer and just because it comes in the kit from amazon does not make the kit worth while

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wish I could afford a B series. That would be sweet. Don't think that would fit in this car though.
This shows how uninformed and how this person can't take the time to research before they open their mouth and spew out their big plans to have a "fast Civic".
If you did some reading, a B does fit, have been able to fit for 20+ years...
If you can't afford a B series swap, you can't afford to go turbo, AND have it run, and run reliably.

You want a fast car, don't buy a nearly 20 yr old Civic.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Hell it's not even about "fitting" a B series into a civic, those engines come in them from the factory everywhere else.

OP leave your car alone and just research and learn about this s**t before you are bumming rides from friends to school.

Terrell Russell

Nah legit It won't let me buy anything or add anything to my cart, why the hell would I lie about being cheap, I'm not that kinda person man. If I can't afford it I can't afford it lol that's all there is to it. And right now I'm not really worried about the turbo right now worried about finding a new engine and tranny.

Terrell Russell

Update guys. Good news found a d16y7 manual tranny on craiglist for 125$ 164,000 miles! Good buy or no? He said nothing wrong with it no grinding when it shifts or anything. Fits any d16 engine. And now I just have to find a d16 vtec engine. I'm happy very happy what a steal right?!?!?!!!

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it me, or does the kit on amazon look like the cheap ebay kits with a turbo swap? So instead of spending $600 with a nightmare, your going to spend 1800 for the same nightmare.

Listen man. You have big dreams of going fast. But all the other mods needed for going past 100mph you havent thought of yet.

You obviously didnt read the links I posted, so since you think you can re-invent the wheel AND do it cheaper.. then your going to learn the hard way.

Countless people just like you over the years thought the same thing. I can spend a few hundred and be fast. This turned out 2 ways:
Them blowing up the engine because they didn't listen
or
them having the car rin like crap, wonder why, not having enough cash to fix it or do it right and selling to the next guy. The next guy posts up on here saying " i just bought a boosted civic and something is wrong"

I think we already had a thread like this recently where the engine was running lean and the kid didn't listen and he hasnt returned.

Do us all a favor and drive it the way it is. Sell it later on and buy a civic already boosted for 5,000.

Terrell Russell

No no you guys don't understand I'm NOT worried about the turbo kit right now. I'm worried about finding a vtec d16 engine I just found a manual transmission for a d16 for 125$ 164k on it no damage smooth shifting. The only difference I can see on the Amazon kit is that I can for one actually buy it or add it to my cart which I'm not sure why the other site won't let me? And this kit is from the same company sold by a different company and this kit comes with more for like 300$ cheaper lol now I can see why and how they could get me (slap different housing on it call it a name brand) yeah I get that but tbh I don't even want to try to think about a turbo right now I'm not trying to go 200mph I'm trying to maybe go 140 if possible that's it! This is by no means supposed to be a race car. It will still be a daily driver once evert hi g is said and done. I did look at the links I'm not stupid or anything but I got confused lol I looked at two link that you and another posted and one I don't even think related to turbo ing a honda so yeah. But I'm listening to what you guys are saying "go out and get yourself a new/used vtec engine and tranny. So far I pretty much got the tranny now all I need is the engine which I'm gonna have to save up for because remember I'm 17 working at a car wash making 8.15 an hour so this summer I'm going to be working my ass off trying to make s**t happen. Because I feel I'm very dedicated to this and it's such a great learning experience to. Learning from you guys and from trial and error. So try not to be a holes to me because I kinda look up to you guys even tho I don't know you lol so just remember that man. I'm here to listen and learn just remember this is NOT suppose to be a super sport racing machine by any means just looking for a little more speed but yes reliability as well and yes I'm going to end up buying the autoworks bull cap if the site ever ends up working for me, don't know why it's not. (Thinking of rebuilding the engine a bit once I get it, upgrading the internals and what not tinkering with it and learning how it actually works hands on experience is the best experience/ plus some knowledge from those books! Lol)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if your 17, and only making 8.15 a hour, stop trying to make your car fast. When you break it, your not going to be able to afford to fix it and thats your ride to the car wash. Save some money, lower it, do a fart can , put some cool stickers on it, and call it a day.

Terrell Russell

Well yeah it might, key word "Might" be my only car, because what I planned on doing is buying another honda off craiglist taking the engine out of that one upgrade the internals take the engine that's in the car I have now out and put the engine I got off craiglist in the car I have now hence if I do break the engine I'll have a backup sitting in the other honda. I got this all planned out mane! Lol or I might just buy one off eBay ik ik I can here every one "don't buy a engine off ebay!!" It might just happen. Who knows hopefully there's a 500$ f**ked up honda with a good engine in it somewhere in michigan waiting to be posted on craiglist and waiting for me to buy it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I planned on doing is buying another honda off craiglist taking the engine out of that one upgrade the internals take the engine that's in the car I have now out and put the engine I got off craiglist in the car I have now hence if I do break the engine I'll have a backup sitting in the other honda. I got this all planned out mane!
Not at $8.15/hr you're not.
Cristal dreams....Boones' Farm budget.