turbo kit?

2009civicsi

Hello everyone im new to this forum I just recenlty bought a 09 si sedan and I am trying to gain a lot og hp. I really want to smoke corvettes and mustangs. I really need some advice on what turbo kit I should get to achieve this goal by the end of this summer. Or what website I can order from. So please feel free to give me some advice.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Not going to happen unless you REALLY know what you're doing.
First: Is the car out of warranty
Second: Do you have the money and know-how to do this?
Third: Know that your will need more than just a turbo kit and hopefully you'll understand that this is just a hopeful dream of yours that you should crush.

AndrewPicon

Third: Know that your will need more than just a turbo kit and hopefully you'll understand that this is just a hopeful dream of yours that you should crush.
As far as the turbo goes, find a legitimate shop to order and install, someone that knows what they're doing.
I wouldn't recommend buying a kit and installing it yourself, chances are that you'll have a flaw somewhere and that could possibly lead to more issues.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You want to turbo your car to beat corvettes and mustangs? Wrong reason behind modifying a car. It doesn't take much to do it though. But I think you have a long way to go to fully understand a built car unless you want to just pay someone else to build you a car. But what's the fun in that. Want speed. Buy a bike.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My LS can easily smoke some Mustangs, so it IS possible. :roll:
It can be done with a turbo kit, a build, and a good tune.
___

OP, I'd recommend researching a little bit. Get to know how turbo's work, etc. Professional install would be the best route, but keep in mind it will get pricey.

Before anything, do you have a budget? Set a power goal that's within the budget. Research and find parts / kits to satisfy your goal within budget, and do NOT cheap out on tuning, or you will regret it.

Here's a few links to help:

Turbo basics: http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html
Garrett turbo Info (LOTS of info here): http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbo_tech_basic

AndrewPicon

You want to turbo your car to beat corvettes and mustangs? Wrong reason behind modifying a car. It doesn't take much to do it though. But I think you have a long way to go to fully understand a built car unless you want to just pay someone else to build you a car. But what's the fun in that. Want speed. Buy a bike.
'buy a bike' lol.

i had a fixie, i miss it. lolol