Turbo on b16 recommendations

Silverbullet114

Built Not Bought
5+ Year Member
I would like to order a kit for the b16. I want to make 400whp. Im looking into building the motor but, need a list of recommendations on what i should by. I dont have a limit but, because I will be buying things piece by piece but, I would like to achieve this in the next few months and have it ready. Please shoot me turbo set ups and internal work that I should do thanksss everything I should no so I dont go up in flames.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u have no limit...why even bother with a b16 get a skyline or an exotic car...
build ur own turbo kit
SEARCH button its the best thing on cc

p.s i like ur name

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k...still search

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Search on honda-tech. you will probably find many more people with that setup.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
forged rods/pistons. i dont like real real low compression. i have 10.2:1 compression pistons for sale that i was planning on using for my 350+whp GSR-T.

Also, get ARP hardware. GSR cams would also help.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to thread jack, but does anybody know the limits of stock b-sesries rods?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If your looking for 400whp definitely upgrade your engine's internals: rods, pistons, valvetrain. Throw in some cams too. You'd prolly be better off piecing your own kit together.. or perhaps a Drag turbo kit, I've heard they're good. Good luck with the build man!

bratch_vti

5+ Year Member
theres a website called ssautochrome.com theve got gd turbo kits and everythin else u will need, cheap prices 2, u should check it out

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Funny cause im ready to throw 400hp at my B16A very soon. Your gonna need to sleeve the block, ill tell you what im using,maybe itll help. Bottom end: Darton MID sleeves,Wiseco flat top pistons(stock bore),eagle h-beam rods,ACL Racing crank and rod bearings, Eagle esp crank,AZ Race machine girdle(w/ GSR oil pan, pick up, baffle), Endyne racing oil pump,Endyne egr system. I just put skunk 2 valve springou s and titanium retainers for the head(for now). You gotta upgrade the fuel system too: fuel pump, 650cc injectors, high volume fuel rail .Need biggger axles. If your tranny doesnt have an LSD, you should upgrade. Unless you like replacing snapped axles all day. Not including the JDM conversion and the time some a*****e on ebay stole $2400. I'd say i've spent about $13 G's on the motor/tranny setup. I did all my work so you should expect more if your not doin the work yourself. PM if you need help or recommendations

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres a website called ssautochrome.com theve got gd turbo kits and everythin else u will need, cheap prices 2, u should check it out
not to sound like a d**k but ssautochrome is the biggest pile of s**T you could ever put on your car