"turbo or not turbo, that is the question"

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to put a turbo on my car but I heard that its not worth it. I have a crx si with a zc. what should I do? turbo or not turbo. go all motor? :drive:

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would it hadle the boost?Its going to be less than 6 pounds of boost. the cams, pistons, almost everything is stock(exept for the cold air intake, AEM) I know I have to change the injectors, the mufler, headers and ecu etc.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is the dumbest question i think i have ever heard.

The real question is how much boost do you run :twisted:

baby99si

N/A project has begun....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Of course turbo it your motor does not have enough potential for all motor but some good potential for a turbo my friend has a 91 si hatch with a dual over head cam ZC fully built turbod ran a 13.6 not bad.

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"To turbo and have a lot more power + the sound. or not to turbo and have a boring old slow car that only has a little over a 100 hp" is the question you need to ask yourself.
I hope you answer right...

civic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
deffinitly go boost, whoever told you that it wasn't worth it is crazy. the amount of boost depends on what your going to do with the engine. Are you going to leave it stock? or build it up? It all depends on how much time and money you're willing to put into this.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm deffinitly going into boost and I want my car to be street legal because where I live there are a lot of porkers who are bullshiting that "that not legal, this is not legal here in cali". and thank you guys for giving me good advise

civic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just do a lot of research because boost can be a tricky thing to get into, just make sure you know what your doing before you dive in, and if you have any questions, just ask.

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will. thanks. what kind of turbo kit could I use. Turbonetics, Apex'i

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will. thanks. what kind of turbo kit could I use. Turbonetics, Apex'i etc.

baby99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are tons if you want to go top of the line go Full-race but im not srue if they would make it for ZC cant hurt to find out.

civic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of budget are you looking at for a turbo set-up?

Do you wanna go custom or get a pre-fab'd kit?

Last edited:

baby99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic95 said:
what kind of budget are you looking at for a turbo set-up?

Do you wanna go custom or get a pre-fab'd kit?
Forgot to say Full-race is custom they make the turbo to your motor for best performance cheapest turbo i have heard comeing from them runs around 5g's

civic_crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe I will go pre-fab's because they are less expensive and some of the kits are legal. I'm going to try to save some money to buy a custom. But I'm looking for a kit that is legal because I got stop a couple of minutes ago by a porker because I have a modified exhaust. I have the stock exhaust. There was a accord in front of me and he had the exhaust. Now I'm going to court and fight this s**t.this is bullshit. f**king cops are very strict around this area.This cop stop me for the third time (1st)for coner lights must be amber not white,(2nd) then vehicle too low, then for this s**t. f**k!!!!!!!

civic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn man...that sux about the cop thing. If you build your own kit it'll be cheaper and you can build it to your own specifications, but you gotta know what your doing for that. Kits are convinient because they come with all the parts need to slap it on and go. Hell the greddy kit is basically a bolt on. Now idk what kind of power your looking for or anything so maybe if you figure that out, it'll help you figure out if you wanna go with a kit or custom build it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
building and installing a turbo is one thing, if you're motor will handle the abuse is another... read up on turbo's before you just go slappin one on there. you cant drive a boosted car like a regular old n/a, little things like runnin to the mini mart to grab a soda without letting your car warm up and cool down properly can be horrible. tuning can be a nightmare if you're not experienced. moral of the story is if you have to ask questions like that than stay n/a.