Turbo replacement?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 14b turbo with bad seals and an attempt at welding it to the mani by the previous owner, and i want to replace it with a 15g turbo, how big of a size difference is there and will it bolt up fine?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a 20g. /thread

will work fine as long its the same mitsu flange

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 15g is for sale on here, its a greddy so i doubt it has a mitsu flange. I guess i should just go out and try to find another 14b. Are 14b's only stock mitsu's or does anyone make something the same?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
14b same as 16g?

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to keep some what of a quick spool like the 14b then i say 15g, that is if your not lookin for a dyno queen and want useable street power

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want to keep some what of a quick spool like the 14b then i say 15g, that is if your not lookin for a dyno queen and want useable street power

So if i get the 15g and the nw mani everything should just be bolt up, except maybe the downpipe.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm 16g would only spool slightly slower... you make is sound as if the spool time will change by a 1000rpms lol. their just T25s man

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Aaaaaaagh im so confused, i learned everything on a boosted b16 with a t3/t4, thats all i know lol.

Let me rephrase this:
I have a 14b and the dude attempted to weld it to the mani for some reason, epic failure. i want to replace the turbo and the mani the easiest way possible, what should i do?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a new manifold... go T3 mani & 50trim .48a/r t3 turbo, more power, great spool

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont want to upgrade size or anything, cuz i dont wanna mess with the tune or have to replace more s**t. And a t3 on a d series seems like overkill.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well when il ook up 14b all i find is 16g lol, thats why this is so confusing.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BUMP

ok, im getting a new mani regardless, if i get a TE04H or a 16g turbo, will it have the same results as my 14b? will the downpipe bolt up? Really need help, if you understand my situation point me in the right direction!!!

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Externally the 16G is EXACTLY like the 14B... The 14B is actually slightly bigger than a T25 and the 16G a little bigger than the T28. Anyway... Just rebuild the 14B if you don't want to get another one. 20G on a Stock Civic would be huge overkill... would be funny to see though.