Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
I like it, better pics when ya get a chance, no rush, I live in Washington so I know how much rain sucks.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's like bronze in the sun, looks really good, like how low it's sitting but it's on the floor now right?

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:puppyeyesMy god its just beautiful! :drool: Thats a perfect color for your build brother! So ummm......when you gonna join Redline Customs?! :worthy:

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think he's already a member by association.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very nice man. Love the paint choice. Your so close to done it's crazy. Never thought that day would come lol.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking nice bro. Never really liked brownish tan color on cars but the mini truck def pulls it off.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
beautiful
it looks a lot better in pictures, but thanks dood!

looks great painted! paint plans for the bay?
this isnt the final paint, so the bay will definitely be getting painted some snazzy when its ready!

Sure no problem bro, just post the pic in the siggy thread and PM me. I haven't done the ones in there yet cause (what most ALL of you know by now) i had surgery so yea lol
i will put up some pics after the show for a new sig!

I like it, better pics when ya get a chance, no rush, I live in Washington so I know how much rain sucks.
ill get some progress pics up here in a bit for ya!

It's like bronze in the sun, looks really good, like how low it's sitting but it's on the floor now right?
ya, the color is weird, but i can dig it! there are a lot of flaws, but i dont think u will see them when its on the ground. its when its eye level on the trailer that they stand out...
:puppyeyesMy god its just beautiful! :drool: Thats a perfect color for your build brother! So ummm......when you gonna join Redline Customs?! :worthy:
thanks for hookin me up Travis!

as for redline customs, i told gary i would sport a sticker, but im already in a club!

I think he's already a member by association.
i would like to think so :cool: (but im probably wrong)

Very nice man. Love the paint choice. Your so close to done it's crazy. Never thought that day would come lol.
not as close to done as u would think!

looking nice bro. Never really liked brownish tan color on cars but the mini truck def pulls it off.
i just wanted something simple and clean!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so, i have some updates!

got a under construction sticker made for the truck since i think people might think this is my attempt at a final paintjob instead of just trying to get the truck one even color...

i got really sick and was afraid i wasnt gonna get finished with the truck before the show, but i got enough energy to get out in the garage and i busted out a bunch of s*** i had been dreading!

i got my front cab mounts built and also got my whole sheetmetal bed floor tacked into place!

the back piece lifts out for now so i can get to my air tank and all that funky s*** in case there is a problem. it will be fully welded eventually and also have an access hatch!

oh snap!

the next morning...

so i called every parts store in town cuz my tie rod end threads r f***ered up, and nobody had them, but oreillys said they could have them by this morning, so imma go get those and put them on so my wheels dont toe in so bad on the trailer, but other than that, ithink im ready for the 1000 mile drive each way...

sun was a little bright, but u get the idea!

had to test run the trailer and show off the truck around town of course!

still gotta wash both trucks...

i realized i got excited and loaded it up without putting the seats in... so i put em in on the trailer... what a b****!

also had to throw some 2x4s under the truck since my body panels were getting trashed by hitting the trailer. 4$ for two 8 foot pieces of wood...

sure wish i could build this truck outta wood, it would be so much cheaper!

more pics of the bed...

and one more for good measure to end my picture whoring episode!

i will have more pics up from the show and such when i get back!

hope u guys enjoy it and thanks for staying for the wild ride! there will be more to come i promise!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

GORGEOUS MEIGN! :thumbs up

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Looks good, I'm not a huge fan of the color, but it does look good bein all one color again, I was kinda hopin you would bring the RX7 truck theme to the exterior a little and go with like a factory RX7 color.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you already know how i feel about your truck, but i love your friends wheels, and tires

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for hookin me up Travis!

as for redline customs, i told gary i would sport a sticker, but im already in a club!
You bet Chris. Just hit me up if you need anything else. Becareful on your trip and bring home some trophies!!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! Looks amazing my friend!! You seriously inspire me to pickup as many at-home custom fab equipment and just go all out lol. Awesome s**t :thumbs up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

GORGEOUS MEIGN! :thumbs up
thanks! :cool:

Looks good, I'm not a huge fan of the color, but it does look good bein all one color again, I was kinda hopin you would bring the RX7 truck theme to the exterior a little and go with like a factory RX7 color.
it was just a temporary color to get it all one even color for the show. i am still not certain of a color scheme for final painting just yet...
you already know how i feel about your truck, but i love your friends wheels, and tires
im telling u, look online and craigslist and stuff. as good as u r at finding deals, u will find some very cheap!

wanna trade?
sure, why not...
You bet Chris. Just hit me up if you need anything else. Becareful on your trip and bring home some trophies!!
im sure we will be in touch again!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! Looks amazing my friend!! You seriously inspire me to pickup as many at-home custom fab equipment and just go all out lol. Awesome s*** :thumbs up
well, do it!

if u would text me back, then we could talk business opportunities!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, nobody has checked in in awhile, but i guess ill post up pics..

first off, heres the turbo mounted with the hardware that Travis(97civicman) hooked me up with!

needless to say, we were a little early to the show lol...

im sure u guys r getting tired of seeing the interior, but heres a few more pics of it!

my little girl made the 1000 mile drive with us down and back for her first show experience. she had a blast!

well, i hope i made u guys proud. i took home a couple of trophies! i got 2nd place in the under construction category, and also won by a landslide on furthest distance traveled!

heres a pic from the porch of my buddies cabin that we stayed in after the show down in noel missouri. can u say Blair Witch much?

well, on the way home, we stopped in denver after a 14 hour drive and went to the aquarium and did some other stuff with my daughter. also saw a couple buddies and stayed a couple nights there.

then we headed back on thursday morning. it was 80 degrees when we left denver. by the time we hit evergreen it was snowing and about 34 degrees. it snowed all the way to glenwood springs and then turned to rain there. it rained the rest of the way home.

ill put it to u this way-- i have been to nearly every state, and colorados roads are by far the worst i have ever driven on. there are massive potholes, they are always doing road construction, and there are tons of overpasses and bridges that have a giant lip where the road and the bridge surface meet up.

needless to say, the truck got pretty hammered on the way back. kinda sad that it made almost 1800 miles unscathed and the last 250 it got totally obliterated!

from denver to home( about a 4 hour drive) i broke all my bed mounts and bolts off, broke all the supports for the bed floor off and pretty much trashed the sheetmetal on my bed corners.

i was not a happy camper...

notice the bottom of the bed. CRUNCHED!

there is good to come out of this! i have been really wanting to put a tailgate and a rear bumper back on this truck, and just so happens one of my fellow mazda buddies has a spare unmolested bed! so i have to cut out the bedfloor of my bed and get busy on the other bed whenever he gets it over here. no harm no foul....

took awhile to get the truck off the trailer, but we did it. also cleaned my messy ass garage and got both mazdas parked in there!

the height difference is crazy considering the tan mazda is lowered quite a bit also!

as for whats happening next with this truck--

i am on a saving spree right now. i have been talking to a few tuners and a few very reputable rotary performance shops about getting this engine rebuild and street ported and painted and polished up!

also been looking into standalone ems for this truck. both of which are quite expensive! so i figure i need to save $10K to get this truck up and running, so i will be selling random s*** and maybe working with some businesses to hopefully get sponsored for some parts!

i am also going to need to get my intercooler and oil cooler setups done and also some sort of exhaust, but in the meant time(since its already cold as balls here) i am planning on pulling the cab and getting the floor completely done and the bottom of the cab completely plated in. and of course working on a new bed during the winter months...

hope u guys enjoy, and ill try and keep updates headed your way!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that sucks about messing it up on the way home man, my wife loves your daughter lol

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn nice ! thanks for sharing the experience! good luck