Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well im back home... Ordered some small things...

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome back!! Get caught up in the bedroom, spend time with the fam.......then I want updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i changed my username?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was so ready to get busy on my truck this week but we got busy at work.

Cant bïtch about makin money, but i was hopin to get this running by summers end...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im pretty sure my name has always been r3dline_______ fill in the blank, then i just had it changed to r3dline

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have updates and pix but i suck at doing it from my iphone lol.

Im so technologically challenged nowadays...

I will update when i get some time at home on the pc...

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tuned it for updates also. Looking forward to it brother. Talk at soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where the pics at man!....lol my buddy and I really wanna head to the junkyard one of these days over summer break when were bored and pull apart the engine of an FD or something. They perplex me and I wanna see the insides for myself haha.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright well i finally got some free time on a very shitty windy day and got my internet on my computer working again...

so heres some updates from the last few weeks or so!

so i wanted to start working on sheeting in my new bed and getting it ready for primer and such, so i made sure i still knew how to weld, and cut out the existing usable stuff from the broken bed and started putting together my new bed.

i must say how much better i get at fabrication every year and this bed floor and other things i build this summer are going to be better thought out and super sick!

heres what i started with on the old bed

all cut out. this bed is pretty much just trash now. will be going to the scra yard for beer money!

i had gotten these sheetmetal side filler pieces for free and so i decided i was going to use them for extra strength and to give me something more to weld to on the bedsides...

they will need some trimming to fit my wheels, but this gives a good idea for now...

will be keeping the majority of the stock bedfloor, but will have to raise it a bit for the bodydrop. my last bed lacked a lot of structural support thus the reason for the stock floor to stay...

the messy garage was bothering me. i got a shed for a reason...

my welder was giving me fits. i was really out of practice, and forgot how to fine tune. but i got it figured out using the side sheet as practice lol.

i was bustin ass on the truck and the neighbor kids showed up... they wanted to chill in my truck. figured it was fine and they would get out after ten minutes or so. they sat in there for almost an hour. they kept calling my shifter a dong...

doin work! tacked in and level...

finding salvageable 1x1 square tubing from the previous bed floor to reuse for the new floor. turns out that i changed my bracing plans, so a lot of this is scrap now...

got some brand new pieces of 1x1 to start. made everything level and tacked it up

both sides tacked in and level

really sorry for the shitty blurry pics, but i get in a groove and dont take the best pics lol. ur lucky u guys even get pics at all of some of this stuff...

bracing it in. this will also hold my fuel cell and i have some other surprises to come later..

new tail light fillers will be going on soon!

this s**t is solid, and im not even done bracing it yet...

getting some vertical support for the rear. will gusset this later after i move the floor up. the back will be a storage compartment. more on that later...

test fit...

well, i needed to get the trashed bed off, but all my friends have moved away or dont have time to help out or whatever, so i just decided to hack the bed into pieces so i could remove it...

heres the bedsides hacked off lol

front of old bed

the rear after i cut out the existing roll pan and tailgate delete. not sure if imma use this or run a tailgate as of yet, but im leaning towards a tailgate but cant find one in good shape to save my life...

my tail light fillers. these are shitty, but i wasnt gonna pay $180 for the good ones. i can make these work. just have to add a few body lines in to them...

the skin on the new bed. doubt imma use this. kinda sad that this will prolly just go in the trash...

a shot of the garage...

picked up some new tools. heres my new 1 ton cherry picker.

picked this compressor and hose up off the street corner for $100. cambell hausfeld ftw!!!!

then my blurry box showed up from summit.

my ridiculously overpriced mounting brackets for my fuel cell. if i wouldve known this was all there was then i would have made my own brackets... what a joke. and this picture makes my carpet look hella dirty. wtf? lol

now i just need some fitting and to run new fuel lines and get a bigger fuel pump!

im hoping to get out in the garage tomorrow and get some more welding done so i can get the bed on the frame and start body dropping it and get the cab off to be fully welded also. this thing is really close to being able to be started. once i get fuel then i can hook up some wiring and a battery and see if this engine runs!

other than that, its just a lot of welding and hopefully one day i can splurge and buy a tank of argon so i can get going on my intercooler piping.

i will be on the look out for a new tailgate and a rear bumper since i think i wanna run a rear bumper. been thinking of running a 4runner rear bumper and welding it in smooth to the rear end, but i havent compared the body lines and such to see how much work it would actually be. so his may not happen, as i just want to be done fabbing on this truck and get it running!

im excited i can finally start using air tools, so that should help a bit.

thats it for now, but i will hopefully keep this updated more now that its summer and my computer works again...