Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like im taking today off also. May bite me in the ass since its supposed to be kind of shitty.

It was either work today and take tomorrow off or take today and work tomorrow. But i figured with my kind of job if u plan on having a day off you always end up getting called for a job. So i figured id take the day since i didnt have a job.

Gonna go pull a motor and get it ready to be shipped off!

Money money

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well slow start to the morning but i got some small stuff done before i was absolutely starving and needed lunch.

It literally took me longer to pull the frint end and fenders than it did to pull the motor. About an hour and a half from the first bolt on the grill to tightening the last bolt on the grill. And i didnt even use a cherry picker. All by hand my friends...

Just had some burger king. Now its time to work on the floor!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well slow start to the morning but i got some small stuff done before i was absolutely starving and needed lunch.

It literally took me longer to pull the frint end and fenders than it did to pull the motor. About an hour and a half from the first bolt on the grill to tightening the last bolt on the grill. And i didnt even use a cherry picker. All by hand my friends...

Just had some burger king. Now its time to work on the floor!
Time to think about some quick release options my friend!
:thumbs up

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Man do I hate when people quote the entire post pix and all. I do agree with him though. Did you have a Whopper?

emerican

Registered VIP
we only have 1 burger king anywhere close to i live and its nasty as hell none of us will eat there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we only have 1 burger king anywhere close to i live and its nasty as hell none of us will eat there.
Thats too bad. We have like 7 in this town and they all kick ass.

Love me some carls jr also!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1hr seems to be a tad long
15 minutes to pull the front end. 45 minutes to pull the motor by hand mind you. 20 minutes to pull the trans and throw it back in the bay. Then 20 minutes to throw the front end back on and line everything up?

Cmon man...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Busy day. It feels like i get nothing done though even though im working non stop!

Cut the floor panels to length to test fit better.

Notched for frame clearance.

Traced out the bracing on the underside and made some measurements.

Drilled some holes.

Made the holes bigger.

An assload of holes.

Lined everything up and tapered the holes.

Rosette welds.

Test fit before fully welding.

Wiped down. Cleaned up. Finished.

One side down. One to go. Then gotta do the back and the firewall and all that noise. Its definitely better than the last floor though!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you are getting better each year. have you gone back and reread your thread, looked at where you started. this floor looks nice. how much weight do you think has been added or removed through this build. and how are you routing your exhaust, and what style exhaust will you do? i doubt that thing has clearance for a 4 inch ;)