Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you are getting better each year. have you gone back and reread your thread, looked at where you started. this floor looks nice. how much weight do you think has been added or removed through this build. and how are you routing your exhaust, and what style exhaust will you do? i doubt that thing has clearance for a 4 inch ;)
Thanks man! I think im getting better also. Thats the reason that i keep redoing stuff along with what you mentioned about looking back at this thread at how crappy some of my fabrication was.

As for weight-- by removing the stock motor and going with the rotary i killed a bunch of weight. Also removing a lot if the stock sheetmetal helped, but adding the 1x1 square and the 16 ga. Sheetmetal it got heavy. The new floor is 20 ga. So its a lot lighter and actually stronger because it is bead rolled.

For the rear end, i need all of the weight i can get, but the irs is going to help greatly with traction.

I should come out weighing less in the long run except that ive gained weight from all this beer and burger king from fabricating days.

As for exhaust. I have no idea... As short and as big as possible lol. Only time will tell. But im finally confident enough in my fabrication skills to start doing some cool professional looking s**t!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes sir! Im always like, "damn....i could never do this"...or " i would've given up instead of starting over" lol. Definitely good stuff. I stay lurking in here

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes sir! Im always like, "damn....i could never do this"...or " i would've given up instead of starting over" lol. Definitely good stuff. I stay lurking in here
Yep. Theres so many times i wish i could throw in the towel and start over but i have way too much time and money in this to give up now.

I just gotta keep busy on it and take my time and hope the money keeps coming in, and i will finish it!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new floor and trans tunnel look way better. glad to see the motor is goin off to be rebuilt finally... im super excited to see it when it returns all nice and pretty.

im still waiting to see the IRS installed!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new floor and trans tunnel look way better. glad to see the motor is goin off to be rebuilt finally... im super excited to see it when it returns all nice and pretty.

im still waiting to see the IRS installed!!!
Ya im diggin the new floor. Its so damn time consuming.

Cant wait to get the motor back. Its gonna be expensive but worth it.

And as for the irs-- i wont be touching it until the floor is done. Im done starting one thing and moving on to something else without finishing the first thing.

But hopefully i keep making progress and can get this floor done pronto!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice progress chris! Keeps me motivated when others are moving forward with me! Keep going!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much higher is the trans now that you are on the nuts of the truck?