Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because you are a grown up who handles input. i do not like your aem unit in the glove box.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and boaz is 35.5 hrs from me lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because you are a grown up who handles input. i do not like your aem unit in the glove box.
When i had my harness built, i had it made to go on the kick panel on the passenger side. But im playing with different mounting solutions now. I kinda want to show it off and the glove box would be the best alternative to that since it would be hidden when i need it to be.

But i will have to do some trimming to put it in there right. So only time will tell what i do.

Thanks for the input though!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wel because you want to show it off i dont know, but i like under the seat or in the box.... fi at all possible

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wel because you want to show it off i dont know, but i like under the seat or in the box.... fi at all possible
Sorry to say but it will probably go in the glove box. The reason is is that the harness only has a certain length of wire so it has to be around the dash area.

Thanks for making me think though :thumbs up

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe when my truck is at a good stopping point ill, trailer it the 23 hour drive to grab some pictures of my shitter next to your dime piece

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
np! i assumed there were limitations to the location. what is the thought process of showing it off? it kinda just looks like an amp to me lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
np! i assumed there were limitations to the location. what is the thought process of showing it off? it kinda just looks like an amp to me lol.
Just because its a minitruck really.

This build is so out of the realm of normal minitruck builds that i feel i need to put everything out there or people will just figure its a stock engine and wiring.

Im sure not many people know what aem standalone is in the mini scene so it will be neat to see people standing around talking about wtf that is in the glove box.

Its pretty interesting to watch people look at it at shows.

First theyre drawn in by the shiny turbo then they stand there trying to figure out what kind of engine is in it. Then the notice its rhd. Then they move into the cab and see a stock rhd dash and a sheetmetal cab floor then notice the 4runner power rear window. Then they move to the back and see the frenched in caddy taillights.

This is before i have done any new mods, so it should be interesting to say the least. But its definitely waaaaay different than any other truck in the scene. Love it or hate it. It is what it is.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welded up my tranny tunnel and crudely mounted my pedal assembly.

Then messed around with a few ideas i had in my head for the firewall and think i have it figured out.

Hopefully get the firewall tacked in place tomorrow and start working on the tubs again