turbo size help.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay... im gettin a Garrett 60 trim .42 /.48 for $220 shipped.

guess we can close this mods

Last edited:

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
14b or 16g dsm turbo, they are abundandt and cheap.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was looking at a TD05-14B, but wasnt sure it would be able to make my goal without being over boosted...
I had a 14b for my turbo D and I was making like 186hp @8psi. It's a good little turbo but it will spool up pretty fast. You have forged rods and pistons so I say go a little bigger like a 15g, 16g or even a 20g.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a 14b for my turbo D and I was making like 186hp @8psi. It's a good little turbo but it will spool up pretty fast. You have forged rods and pistons so I say go a little bigger like a 15g, 16g or even a 20g.
what about these... i just dunno if they will spool quick, i know they can make my power goal.
Borg Warner .57 trim .96 A/R T04B
and this GT30 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390152313616&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_12283wt_939

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16g will be perfect, and the gt30 i think is like a t3, which wont spool quite as fast. Stay away from no-name ebay s**t.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah they will spool quick. Of course the 15g and 16g will spool faster than the 20g tho.
:word: ive been looking for a 16g for a good price, but cant seem to find any in decent shape at a deal.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay, im planning on boosting my D16 soon.
ive got forged rods and pistons, and a CR of 10:1 ill be working with.

i want to make 275-300 hp and a quick spooling turbo, but im not sure what size turbo to get. i was looking at a
Borg Warner .57 trim .96 A/R T04B

and this GT30 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390152313616&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_12283wt_939

or, possible DSM turbos...
help me out!

Whoa!! .96 a/r would be overkill. It would spool fast for a V6 or something with some ass to it.

I always liked the Garrett T3/T4 60 trim 60/.63 with a stage 3 wheel for a good all purpose to get those numbers. With a built engine, it should spool nicely and hold thru the power band and not fall off on the back end.

this is just my opinion, IDK know anyone running 16g dsm's to compare.. i thot those were small..

Edit: after looking at the used turbo, i would always buy new.. or from someone u know whos selling one. You never know when the turbo needs rebuilding, or seals are shot, or maybe the bearings are cooked.. just a warning man. I dont wanna see you get burned on someone elses junk.

but keep us informed!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whoa!! .96 a/r would be overkill. It would spool fast for a V6 or something with some ass to it.

I always liked the Garrett T3/T4 60 trim 60/.63 with a stage 3 wheel for a good all purpose to get those numbers. With a built engine, it should spool nicely and hold thru the power band and not fall off on the back end.

this is just my opinion, IDK know anyone running 16g dsm's to compare.. i thot those were small..

Edit: after looking at the used turbo, i would always buy new.. or from someone u know whos selling one. You never know when the turbo needs rebuilding, or seals are shot, or maybe the bearings are cooked.. just a warning man. I dont wanna see you get burned on someone elses junk.

but keep us informed!
thanks man! i was pretty sure that A/R was too big.
im still unsure what to get... i want something decently cheap, but i dont mind spending money on a good turbo.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Haha, .96 A/R wont spool until about 7800 rpm. I had that T3/T4 and the thing spooled around 4,000rpm, if I was to do it again I would go with something a little bigger. I like it when the boost kicks in at around 4,500-5000 along with all the power.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
found a Precision SC-5031E Compressor is .60A/R Wheel is 55MM Ex is .48 A/R...
will that spool somewhere around 3k rpm?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did u mean start to spool or full spool?

If its full spool, then it would need to be a smaller turbo. Nissan T25 or similar

If u meant start to spool, i would personally choose a .42/.48 T3

but, this is just me.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay... im gettin a Garrett 60 trim .42 /.48 for $220 shipped.

guess we can close this mods