turbo suggestioN!!

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay with my precision turbo i made 317whp @ 10psi.
couldnt figure out whats wrong with it. bought rebuilt turbo kit replace the bearing and the seal along with the snap ring. it still leak oil to the exhaust *notice first time installing the bearing and etc*.

However what should i do?

Buy an new turbo that is the same?
or other?

heres the spec of the turbo i got

# ax. Rated HP 450 Horsepower
#
# Part No. - SC-5031E
#
# Compressor Wheel Diameter 54mm
#
# Compressor Wheel Inducer - 2.123
#
# Compressor Wheel Exducer 3.000�
#
# Wheel Trim 50 Trim
#
# Compressor Cover Inlet 3�
#
# Outlet Size 2
#
# Bearing System PTE Race 360 Center Section
#
# Turbine Housing A/R Ratio - .63 5 Bolt Turbine Housing
#
# Turbine Wheel Style - T31 (Stage III)
#
# Turbine Wheel Inducer 2.559"
#
# Turbine Wheel Exducer 2.229"
#
# Turbine Wheel Trim - 76

need a suggestion..or should i buy a new one that is the same? budget is 600.00

dont want it 2 rebuild at the shop cuz its gonnna cost me 390 for my shiet to be rebuild @ turbo power. and whats gay about this, is that this turbo lasted me 1 and 1/2 year only!!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you could get a new one I'd do that

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just because your turbo is rated for 450hp doesn't mean you're going to put all of that power down with it. There are other limiting factors in a build which could rob of you reaching the full power potential of the turbo. I'm not familiar with your set-up, but some areas could be injectors maxed out, not enough fuel pressure, not enough air intake..etc. Unless your tuner directly said "that's all I can get out of this turbo" .. then I would check other factors. Just saying, don't think you will always reach the rated hp of the turbo.

If it's leaking oil though.. that will definitely be a huge contributing factor to the lack of power. You could have it rebuilt at a shop for a cost less than a new turbo.. and it could still be reliable. Or buy a new turbo and spend more money and be confident it will last because it's new. Either way is fine, it just depends on what you are more comfortable with and can afford.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay..just got a Precision SC6265S for 860.00 i believe i have to shave more of my block correct? because the comperssor is 70mm. =) i hope 2 get more power out of this crap. im sick of waiting and being undecided.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
okay..just got a Precision SC6265S for 860.00 i believe i have to shave more of my block correct? because the comperssor is 70mm. =) i hope 2 get more power out of this crap. im sick of waiting and being undecided.

yes to shaving the block. im running a precision 6262 w/t billet wheel and i love it. no problems to date.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how many PSI your pushing? and when does the boost kick in?

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
how many PSI your pushing? and when does the boost kick in?
Im running 14lbs on a turbosmart wastegate. Its a Ls motor and spool doesnt start till like 4750rpms. i built using this big turbo for Vtec, but had to come out of pocket for a family emergency. So no Vtec yet. you were having really bad issues with the old precision?

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah it lasted me 1 year//// =( i thought it was my valve stem seal. but came out to be my turbo because its leaking throw the exhaust manifold.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
yeah it lasted me 1 year//// =( i thought it was my valve stem seal. but came out to be my turbo because its leaking throw the exhaust manifold.
wow,sorry to hear that. i have seen nothing but good things out of precision. oil from the exhaust manifold or down-pipe? how did you come to the conclusion it was the seal in the turbo?

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the exhaust side of the turbo was leaking. ALSO anyone seen an .70ar s compessor on a drag manifold?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ really!? that is your first post... get ready for the banned wagon

OP.. make sure your supporting mods are within limits. Maxing out anything or a malfunctioning component will definitely negatively impact your numbers. My general rule of thumb in building a motor is to stay below 85% of it's maximum rating, that allows for more tuning variance and promotes longevity of the component.

Just my 2 pennies.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread was from last year. Good job.