turbo vs headswap

CachFr001

okay guys I have a automatic 05 civic lx I want to put a little more power into the car without doing a k20 swap (im not that mechanically inclined), so i want to know

D17A2 headswap, VAFC2

or

Turbo kit ?

and also can anyone tell me the HP gains from a headswap? just adding VTEC?

and if neither im just gonna pretty up the thing so any tips on that? spoilers, wings, hood scoops, body kits, etc?

Thanks Guys!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll get minimal gains from the head swap (~15hp). Take a look at this thread HERE.

I wouldn't recommend forced induction with an automatic though; the transmission won't hold up very well.

As for prettying it up, giant spoilers, hoods scoops, and body kits are generally frowned upon, (although some do look good). Look into getting a lip kit and possibly lowering the car a bit. A nice lip with reduced wheel gap looks good IMO. But as many others will tell you, this is your car, so make the changes that you feel look nice, and f*** the haters. :cool:

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I like the way you think! but where can I get a lip kit? and how low should I lower it?
depends on your budget, how low you wan to go.

my main tip would be to skip the spoilers, hood scoops, and body kits.

maritimer

I would say you need to do a little looking around the internet, find some cars/builds that you like the look of. We can't read your mind and know what you want.
Lip kits are everywhere for honda's, just have to search.