Turbo Vtec

kmiller

5+ Year Member
I want to put a turbo on a vtec engine. :cool: Is there a problem when vtec kicks in? I've searched, but haven't found much. If someone could direct me to a post on this.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to put a turbo on a vtec engine. :cool: Is there a problem when vtec kicks in? I've searched, but haven't found much. If someone could direct me to a post on this.
the problem with that is you may end up going so fast that the space time continueum will be torn....

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
lol nah just make sure u get a good tune.. dont go cheap.. and dont boost it too much with stock internals..
i have a jdm d15B vtec and plan on boosting mine on 8-9 psi on stock internals with a DIY Turbo..
the d16y8 is a good engine to boost but i wouldnt recomend any more than 8psi on a stock block...
dunno why the d15 can handle more on a stock block and last longer but thats why i got it.. ..
long story short
vtec+plus Turbo= Sex =) u wont notice the vtec kick in anymore anyways.

kmiller

5+ Year Member
the problem with that is you may end up going so fast that the space time continueum will be torn....
HAHA, yeah. idk somehow in my mind it doesnt work. with vtec sucking and the turbo blowing haha. Could i still run pump gas? with 6-8psi

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no reason you cant run pump gas on turbo. The only real reason to run race gas is just that. race motors need the extra octane, ie 13:1 or higher comprerssion on all motor engines. E85 is an alternative pump fuel but for your set up there is no need for it. You will have to do extensive fuel system upgrades to run e85.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can run turbo with vtec fine but the vtec isn't worth a s**t if you're boosting imo.

SmashBros

Just think of it like this, depending on how ur intake mani is shaped, ur vtec will make ur engine just sound cooler.. Thats honestly good enough reason for me to keep vtec lol

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the point of vtec is to alter the valve timing during high rpms to optimize performance. your motor doesnt care what psi the air intake charge is at during those rpms, so long as the timing and valve lift are correct. so yes, boost + vtec works great esp if your turbo can handle the higher rpms