Turbo

d16yb-96

5+ Year Member
How much longer would my stock d16y8 engine last if i put a turbo on it set at about 6 psi? It has 170000 miles on it. im thinking about maybe putting one on until it blows, then getting a b series swap and putting the turbo on it with diff headers of course. thanks for the help.

d16yb-96

5+ Year Member
yea thats pretty much what i thought.

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try it. im sure it would last a bit if you get it tuned right. i boosted a d16a6 for a few months and the thing had alot of miles.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do a compression test and get back to us

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How much longer would my stock d16y8 engine last if i put a turbo on it set at about 6 psi? It has 170000 miles on it. im thinking about maybe putting one on until it blows, then getting a b series swap and putting the turbo on it with diff headers of course. thanks for the help.
Just so you know turbos use manifolds.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, no one can tell you.

Your cylinder liners could be chock full of microfissures, valve seats and faces burned or poorly seated, head gasket just barely sealing...etc...

One engine with 170,000 miles could have one foot in the grave, another could be fresh and well broken in.

But I will tell you, 170,000 doesn't sound good. Typically, it will be short lived.