turbo?

Vance_Miller

5+ Year Member
i have a '93 civic EX coupe and i want to turbo it but i heard the motor in that car is built for strictly good gas mileage so it couldn't handle it? is this true? would i have to get a new motor?
- Thanks

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually the z6 can handle 8 to 10 psi on stock internals and still be very reliable. just make sure you get a good tune before you drive it too much.

Vance_Miller

5+ Year Member
where and what kind of turbo would you recommend? Ive been looking in advancedJDMparts.com
thats the cheapest place ive found online so far.. has anyone ordered from there?

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a write up on another site chronicling an EBAY Turbo You should read it! It answers alot of questions about turbo setups on single cam engines. I'm NOT saying"buy an EGayTurbo"

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you got 7k to blow go for it.

as for which one to get. the cheapest way is to piece one together yourself. it takes a little longer but you will save alot in the end.

Vance_Miller

5+ Year Member
really? 7k for a k20?? i thought they were kinda cheap.. my bad haha
the thing is, this car is my daily driver for work so it needs to be reliable but its tooo slow right now

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
read turbod16.com and read the noobie section if your interested in boosting your car.

Read, read, read, research, research, research.

^only way to do it right.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol yeah thats just your computer, try again or something.. idk why its doing that..

supramike

5+ Year Member
if you want a turbo setup i have one im pulling off that will fit your car and be a heck of a lot better than ebay crap..

i have a garret turbo t3/t4 .70/.68 ar hybrid with the manifold, intercooler piping, bov, hondata and fuel pump and all lil bolts n clamps needed.. also the oil return and sender.. all you really need.. and has less than 5K miles on it at 8psi.. freakin flew on my 93 hatchback.

im goin k20 so as you can see my route has changed and main reason i joined this site so i can get help as i dive into a huge project!

Vance_Miller

5+ Year Member
if you want a turbo setup i have one im pulling off that will fit your car and be a heck of a lot better than ebay crap..

i have a garret turbo t3/t4 .70/.68 ar hybrid with the manifold, intercooler piping, bov, hondata and fuel pump and all lil bolts n clamps needed.. also the oil return and sender.. all you really need.. and has less than 5K miles on it at 8psi.. freakin flew on my 93 hatchback.

im goin k20 so as you can see my route has changed and main reason i joined this site so i can get help as i dive into a huge project!
how much would you want for it? and where do you live?