?Turbo?

joker5854

5+ Year Member
I have a D16 and wanted to put a turbo in it. I wanted to know what I have to do of if it was easire just to do a swap. How long will it last on stock internals. Are there any suggestions?

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do you mean swap? swap engine parts? swap engines? stock internals will last with a good tune.. i mean a GOOD tune. I wouldnt take it above 220whp on stock internals, even though I've seen it done.

full race makes a good kit for the d-series, as well as edelbrock, greddy, turbonetics. just to name a few

Wiz

5+ Year Member
i am runnins a signle cam turbo setup, greddy kit witha JRC intercooler, 11.2 pouind 200 WHP 188 torq till my stock injectors were maxed :*(

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i hope you did something about that wiz

joker5854

5+ Year Member
I was talking about an engine swap. I dont have a lot of funds, and if it was gonna cost more to build it and then turbo it I would rather just do the swap.

Wiz

5+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i hope you did something about that wiz
not yet, we turned the boost down alittle so thjat i was runnin stoich as possible up high, turbo upgrade and injectors are in my future if i dont sell the car..

pulled a bad ass lookin SI a few nights ago at the streetraces, he called bullshit on just a boosted Single cam..cmon guys alil respect =)

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wiz said:
not yet, we turned the boost down alittle so thjat i was runnin stoich as possible up high, turbo upgrade and injectors are in my future if i dont sell the car..

pulled a bad ass lookin SI a few nights ago at the streetraces, he called bullshit on just a boosted Single cam..cmon guys alil respect =)
yeah ill be a boosted SOHC soon =)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a bone stock z6 boosted @8psi and running strong for over a year now :D

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
I have a bone stock z6 boosted @8psi and running strong for over a year now :D
any numbers? i just want to get an idea of wat a stock D would put out on turbo.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sky9 said:
any numbers? i just want to get an idea of wat a stock D would put out on turbo.
like around 186 to the crank and 173 to the wheels or something like that. I went to the dyno but left the sheet there :oops: my boy left his sheet there too :lol:

tuned with a apexi safc2 maxed all the way down with 310cc injectors.

vid
http://media.putfile.com/dyno-time

I'll be going uberdata with a obd1 conversion eventually :D